Author Topic: Quick video from Tasmania  (Read 2634 times)

Offline kill

Quick video from Tasmania
« on: July 25, 2011, 04:48:51 »
Been lots of water here recently  ^-^ mostly snow-melt  :-[

Anyway, I've gone down some overspilling dams and done some really cool gorges over the past while and taken absolutely no footage. Yesterday was no exception so here's a video of what I paddled yesterday (roughly the same water level) that someone else took about two years ago. Very nice, very clean, very far from the top of the canyon! The river falls more than 30m in the 300m that are shown on the video. The hardest part of the river is the 500m above what gets videoed where the most fun bits are below what gets videoed. The most spectacular bits, however, are here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liAeWHc0YSo

Substitute your summer for winter by doing a club trip to Tasmania!

Offline kill

Re: Quick video from Tasmania
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 04:52:17 »
He's a shoddy-ass video of the scenery from above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_KWy-1ROQE&NR=1

Offline Eoghan

• Captain 11/12
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 23:18:12 »
Looks awesome!! if only...  :)

Offline kmck

• "99"

Offline kill

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 07:11:35 »
Hmm. That wasn't as good as I remember it. FYI, there are no dingoes in Tasmania, which is why marsupials like the Tassie Devil and Quols and stuff are still alive here. The Tassie tiger aswell, until it was wiped out by farmers. They also don't seem to have done their research on scenery either. There's no desert here. Thanks though. Nostalgic.

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 09:52:58 »
Clearly you're not in Tazmania cause why would a large media company lie to me? I think just like Amanda's in Austrailia you're really in Mayo only explaination!