Author Topic: Getting a new seat for a Boat ???????  (Read 5669 times)

Offline Gareth

Getting a new seat for a Boat ???????
« on: November 28, 2011, 20:29:50 »
Just wondering can you get new seats for kayaks ? The seat in my boat is terrible. If any one knows if ya can or were you can get them, could ya let us know Thanks  :)

Offline Ley-Ley

• Committee 10/11
  • Banana Officer

Offline Gareth

Re: Getting a new seat for a Boat ???????
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 23:43:24 »
http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/productdetail.aspx?pid=7801&loc=P&catid=103.5.25

Yeah i see were you're coming from but i dont think I'd be able to get my spray deck over that hahaha

Offline Douchier

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 23:59:50 »
I don't think you'll find something that will fit your boat, they're usually pretty specific.

Get yourself some camp-mat,  maybe some minicell foam and some glue, make that thing nice plush.

something like this

you can maybe add more or less to certain areas to make it more comfortable.

Alternatively you could go with leighton's idea. You could rip the bottom off, stick the castors on the outside of the boat, stick the seaty thing in the seat place and shove the remaining upright thing up your hole - you now have a craft suitable for any fun adventur that you can think of.

Regards,

Niall
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 00:12:38 by Douchier »

Offline Carla!

• Committee 10/11
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 10:44:30 »
if you take me along gareth, you can sit on my lap ;-)  :P

Offline Gareth

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 10:01:08 »
I don't think you'll find something that will fit your boat, they're usually pretty specific.

Get yourself some camp-mat,  maybe some minicell foam and some glue, make that thing nice plush.

I was in a couple new boats recently and the seats were great, its mainly the back rest i have a problem with it doesnt give any support at all. I was hoping I could just take everything outa the cockpit and replace it. I'll try the Foam it might work. Thanks Niall

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2011, 10:58:13 »
You can buy a new backrest which can be adjusted.