Author Topic: Getting out in the pointy boats (marathon)  (Read 13985 times)

Offline Douchier

Re: Getting out in the pointy boats (marathon)
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2012, 20:41:07 »
Ok, so we're all ready to rock for tomorrow.

Don't worry about "bagsing" boats, we'll bring what HP boats the club has and will share them around. The aim is to develop fitness and technique, but also to get everyone comfortable paddling these boats (Which I guess partly technique).

Boathouse at 17.30, bring what gear you have. It's going to be exercise, so you won't need to dress that warmly( but still, be sensible).

If you own some straps, bring them.

If you're not available this week then hopefully we should be making this a bit of a regular thing over the Summer.

See you folks tomorrow!

Offline Anne-Marie

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2012, 20:46:15 »
Hey! So this week is absolutely awful for me since I have dissertation panel debates on thursday, which makes me stay in the library too long! BUT, I would love to be doing training later on, even next week, but still have assignments due, so will definitely be more willing after the 4th of May :)

Offline Maryanne

• Captain 12/13
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2012, 20:51:49 »
Way to go guys! With all this interest it looks like the day will be really productive  :D

I won't be ably to make it after all unfortunately, my first exam is on Thursday.
Somebody bring a GoPro so I can live vicariously! I'm imagining a really cool training montage... :D

PS Have a wee read of the gear lending policy, these groups look rock solid, but just to be sure everyone's on the same page 8)