Author Topic: A Compassionate Plea for the White Water Paddler  (Read 8536 times)

Offline Diarmuid

• Captain 13/14
  • Varsities Committee 2018
Re: A Compassionate Plea for the White Water Paddler
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 20:33:48 »
Kate Barry please stand up

Offline Maryanne

• Captain 12/13
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2012, 21:46:29 »
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 22:12:02 by Maryanne »

Offline Eoghan

• Captain 11/12
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2012, 22:13:58 »

2"Equipment Issues" From Section 11 of the Safety Form
The club runs up to grade 3 water. Therefore, no club member may use club equipment on a higher grade of water.
"The club runs up to grade 3 water primarily. Therefore, no club member may use club equipment on a higher grade of water without being subject to special consideration."

ah thats the spanner! but yeah i don't imagine there would be any problem with the blue alteration in next years safety report. Because people running grade 4 in club gear would be unusual and a special consideration. That line is more correct really...I really like it...  :)

Offline Bill C

• This can only go well
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 08:59:02 »
Regarding "You break it you bought it", consideration needs to be given to wear and tear too: club gear running more extreme rivers will result in a greater rate of gear damage. Whilst this is inevitable to a certain extent, people are less likely to report -say- a heavy impact to a club helmet than they are a hole in a boat. Members borrowing club gear for more difficult rivers would need to be conscientious about reporting all damage, not just if they holed a boat.

Offline Kater

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 19:53:22 »

Sorry Diarmuid I'm useless to the club here - 'fraid my kind of law knowledge is limited to human rights.  I might be useful if we found somebody detained and tortured inside the boathouse though...

Offline Tiny Tim

• Committee 10/11
  • Ickle Dave
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 23:58:53 »

Sorry Diarmuid I'm useless to the club here - 'fraid my kind of law knowledge is limited to human rights.  I might be useful if we found somebody detained and tortured inside the boathouse though...
nah i dont have a boathouse key anymore

Offline Peter O'Sullivan

• Senior Treasurer 16/17.
  • Coffee please.
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2012, 08:16:21 »
Any chance we could all just agree to call Jacksons grade 3+, not 4?

On the cost side of things. A full set of new gear costs about 2500.  The cost of running a car is about 2500 per year, transport is where the real cost of paddling is.