Author Topic: Polo - Galway Open, June 2-3 - if you're not doing this then why not?  (Read 10419 times)

Offline Eoghan

• Captain 11/12
what are you smoking Bill?

Offline Bill C

• This can only go well
Om nom nom nom

Offline Niall Finch

• Safety Officer 13/14
  • Onwards and downwards !
I've booked that weekend off work so yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say hells yeah !

Offline Diarmuid

• Captain 13/14
  • Varsities Committee 2018
Cad faoi boats?
Will there be some there that we can use or do we have to find a club to borrow some off?

Offline HelenaC

• PRO 13/14
so(Niall im looking at you here!) whats the story with this, do we need to register? bring boats? gear? phantom ICU memberships?

have we even got a team with players of similar standards??

so many questions so few answers!!

Offline Douchier

I hope we're registered!

Sorry about my tardyness on this one. I've been a bit all-over-the-shoppe in the last week or so.

We are indeed registered ( I hope, I certainly sent in the forms and paid the money).

We'll be making our debut as the much talked about and universally feared UCD Stars

We'll need to borrow what polo gear the club has, we should be able to borrow boats - I'll confirm this.

ICU membership... well, I think that we should get ACTUAL ICU membership. You're supposed to have it for entering all of the competitions across all of the different disciplines. The insurance of events is based on this and it's kind of bent to make the voluntary organisers responsible for any accidents. We're supposed have it for theDCPL too, but I think they got tired of asking. Contact Derv to get membership.

We're entered in DIV.3 (out of 3) which I'm sure will be an exciting and varied affair.

Boom!

Offline Diarmuid

• Captain 13/14
sounds beautiful! Hon the Stars...

Offline Douchier

Ooh, I forgot to mention. There will be an entry fee of about E16.

Bumber, I know.

It'll be so much polo though, and your standard will rocket with all that practice. It really is well worth it.

Offline Diarmuid

• Captain 13/14
16 isn't that bad for 3 days

Offline Douchier

Two...but still completely worth it.

Playing on a full-sized pitch is  totally different game and really enjoyable. Five per side, rolling subs and slightly longer matchs. fun times.

Offline DervM

Will try pm you guys about it.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 21:32:46 by DervM »

Offline Nuala

rolling subs

Be warned, if you have the bad luck to be a sub you have to sit on the sidelines rolling continuously till you are dizzy. It's to ensure fairness.

Offline Maryanne

• Captain 12/13
rolling subs

Be warned, if you have the bad luck to be a sub you have to sit on the sidelines rolling continuously till you are dizzy. It's to ensure fairness.

Oh that made me laugh! Bahahahaha!