Author Topic: Canoeing Ireland four year strategic planning conference  (Read 3751 times)

Offline Maryanne

• Captain 12/13
Canoeing Ireland four year strategic planning conference
« on: August 29, 2012, 12:01:02 »

Offline Maryanne

• Captain 12/13
Re: Canoeing Ireland four year strategic planning conference
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 12:23:36 »
Here is the survey Canoeing Ireland sent out, only I've googledoc-ed it
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHZ0THpUUU50dlFHWDlya3hDUlpNUnc6MQ#gid=0

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 16:11:10 »
Is that going to you the google doc?
1. College clubs provide one of main gateways to paddling in the country
2. Support has been given in the past for safety training this was given at the captains and safety weekend (we were the first club to change this all the details are with Benny)
3. Promotion of a weekend of courses similar to the Scottish canoe union. They have this annually.
4. A weekend for college clubs to train members in basic safety plus organisation( tried to do this myself but it was too expensive as I included, transport, accommodation and food plus instruction if it was just the cost of instruction much easier to do)
5. Development of an environmental aspect to paddling, since new legislation is in the pipeline we need to be on the committee responsible, so this is a lobbying role. (I also have this ready but still needs some field testing to make it work)

Offline Maryanne

• Captain 12/13
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 17:02:39 »
The google doc results appear to everyone once they've entered their answers, but I'll throw up some screen shots of the final results when all the answers are in.
I've access to the whole thing, and so does Benny.
It was Canoeing Ireland's survey to begin with , I just copy and pasted it from a word doc into an online form reincarnation. It's got over 20 responses from college clubs around the country now :)