Author Topic: Private trips  (Read 14887 times)

Offline Eoin

Private trips
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2004, 15:53:21 »
Just to refer back to Carl's post, where do you people get the time to go paddling midweek?! I must be in the wrong course... :P

Offline Mr C

• http://www.nerdz.ie
Private trips
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2004, 18:55:24 »
We discussed all of the pros & cons of our descision prior to posting. The decision was made - end of story.

Allio - your point about rivers is not valid. The type of rivers that rise and fall so quickly are generally of a grade not paddled by people who use club gear. By way of proof, all of the private trips that have occured so far this year have been (as danny says) to Wrens or Sluice.

We're being pro-active here - I think its great that we noticed that things were spiralling out of our control and that we arrested it before any unfortunate incident occured. This whole episode shows the power of the club: anyone in this club, and especially on the water with the club, is assured that their safety is of prime importance in all of our decisions

Group hug  :3some:   :lol:

Offline lorco

Private trips
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2004, 19:45:14 »
colin, you group hug looks like a group orgy

my 3.2pence

Offline Donnie

Private trips
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2004, 16:13:55 »
It seems that the club is being run by a bunch of old foggies trying to stop all the young folks having a good time. I think the time has come once again for a call to arms.
Impeach the Committee

Offline Andy

Private trips
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2004, 19:31:49 »
Ya can stick it up your ass Donnie!!....stick it right up your ass!!! :twisted:

Offline Donnie

Private trips
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2004, 10:22:55 »
Your threats of violence will not silence the ITC.
We demand that an AGM be held before the summer break so that the old committee may be impeached and a new committee elected in their place.

Offline kmck

• "99"
Private trips
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2004, 10:31:13 »
How does march sound or better still how about you come out paddling and have some roasted marshmallows

Offline Donnie

Private trips
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2004, 13:07:00 »
So be it - March it is. vote early-vote often , the ITC will have its day!

I would go paddling, but I have yet to pass the swim test, pool test or my level one and thus am banned from river trips.

But maybe this committee isn't so bad offering marshmallows to members on trips, or is it members on trips having marshmallows?

Offline TomB

Private trips
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2004, 13:13:51 »
hi donnie, i completely agree with you and new committee shall be drawn.

i would also like to say that you are really swell guy, who i respect as a paddler, a professional and most importantly, a genuine human being. maybe you can prove this to all the club by casting the right vote, the only vote at the agm!

vote TomB #1

Offline Brendino

• People are always asking me if I know Tyler Durdan
Vote Big Tom
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2004, 14:42:03 »
Let me br the first to get Big Tom's Campaign underway.

http://www.geocities.com/brendinoyak/tom.html

Offline TomB

Private trips
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2004, 16:38:21 »
i would like to thank my campaign manager brendino, all his hard work makes the job worth while.

i would like to thank, leixlip damn for the release of water that force to push my paddling to extreme lengths, as evident in the photo shot, which was taken by my camaign manager.

as to my competion, the pic at jackson says it all!!!

i would also like to thank the 'Vote Big Tom Campaign' cherr-leaders, Roz and Natalie for the display!!

'alot done, more to do! Vote Big Tom #1

Offline carlito

Private trips
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2004, 09:59:49 »
What I want to know is:

What has Tom done or shown to justify the moniker "big" Tom.

I also want to know where each of the candidates stand on the issues....