Author Topic: UCDCC go to Paddlefest - 6th&7th of April  (Read 6598 times)

Offline Diarmuid

• Captain 13/14
  • Varsities Committee 2018
Re: UCDCC go to Paddlefest - 6th&7th of April
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2013, 11:21:35 »
ah yep, tonigt sounds good, after el pool sesh

Offline Zog

• Safety Officer 16/17
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 01:24:05 »
Sorry guys, I know it's a bit off topic but I was just wondering would anyone have space to take back a surf board for me from paddlefest to the boathouse, I'd really appreciate it!  :)

Offline Karen

• Chocolate!
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2013, 20:29:20 »
Woot!

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 08:15:09 »
Anyone who didn't make it...... you mised out but the good news is that this going to be an annual event, next ones up north.

Offline Karen

• Chocolate!
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 11:57:14 »
I would highly recommend this event for next year to anyone who didn't make it this year.
It was fantastic value with four sessions, lunch and dinner, and transport included.

I thought it catered very well for all experience levels; for beginners to those who wanted to build up skill sets in rescue and river running, very qualified and some massively experienced instructors were on hand to teach. For people who might already be confident in these there was also great opportunity to try new disciplines, where there was no responsibility on you and you could concentrate purely on your own paddling.

I know I thoroughly enjoyed myself, I hope everyone else who made it down did to. Definitely going back next year.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 12:00:20 by Karen »

Offline MarieH

• Secretary 13/14
  • Cowboys Ted.....Cowboys!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 13:40:12 »
I would highly recommend this event for next year to anyone who didn't make it this year.
It was fantastic value with four sessions, lunch and dinner, and transport included.

I thought it catered very well for all experience levels; for beginners to those who wanted to build up skill sets in rescue and river running, very qualified and some massively experienced instructors were on hand to teach. For people who might already be confident in these there was also great opportunity to try new disciplines, where there was no responsibility on you and you could concentrate purely on your own paddling.

I know I thoroughly enjoyed myself, I hope everyone else who made it down did to. Definitely going back next year.

I'll second that. It was a fantastic weekend and I got to learn loads of new skills from really experienced instructors. I'd highly recommend this weekend to everyone wether you want to focus on improving your paddling skills or want to try something new, and it was fantastic value for money too. I'm already looking forward to next year.