Author Topic: City Kayaking Challenge  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Diarmuid

• Captain 13/14
  • Varsities Committee 2018
City Kayaking Challenge
« on: April 09, 2013, 19:52:41 »
Figured I'd post this up, anyone interested in taking part?

Hi,

My college team are running a charity event called the City Kayaking Challenge on Sunday 28th April, 2013. I am getting in contact with the presidents of all the university canoe/kayak clubs as we are hoping to invite you to enter a team or two for a Universities race during the event.

The kayaking event which will begin on the Liffey beside the Jennie Johnson and take competitors up and around the Liffey in a 5km circuit  We are using 2 person sea kayaks and hoping to get one or two teams from each of the universities to compete. The event is open to everyone and we will have groups completing the route throughout the day but are aiming to have a specific race for the Universities. We will be putting up a prize for the winning University and the event could be used as part of the colleges application of funding as a event won against the other colleges.

The aim of this event is to raise money for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI). The student price for the event is 40euro for the kayak (20 per person). I hope you might be able to promote the event within the club and would be willing to enter a few teams.
I've attached a copy of our event poster. Thanks for your time and if you have any questions are need any further information please feel free to contact me.
We hope to hear from you soon.

Gavin

Offline Chunderdragon

Re: City Kayaking Challenge
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 20:14:07 »
Too darn close to exams

Also, happy millenium