Author Topic: Easkey 2013  (Read 4776 times)

Offline Niall Finch

• Safety Officer 13/14
  • Onwards and downwards !
Easkey 2013
« on: April 26, 2013, 12:05:41 »
A hoi hoi bad lads !

Here's a little something to get you through the next few weeks - the prospects of going away with all your dear Canoe Club "Buddies" again !

That's right ANOTHER TRIP ! You really got your money's worth when you signed up in September ! So this trip does be to a mythical, magical land far to the West of here ! This place does be known in folklore both far and wide and it said that there is ruin there of an ancient kingdom - who's King died in quite an undramatic way

anyway -  the Easkey Weekend is coming up - its on during the June Bank Holiday, which I believe is 1st and 2nd June time. Its a camping Weekend - its beside a Castle which is beside the Sea. Its kinda cool - like ALOT.

Its an organise everything yourself jobby - tents, lifts, banter, cans, etc.

Be there or be somewhere else I guess - but if you can be there ! Its CLASS !

Offline HelenaC

• PRO 13/14
Re: Easkey 2013
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 13:07:00 »
that is also the wonderful weekend of the Galway Open, a fantabulous polo comp in the Claddagh Basin in Galway city

There is nothing stopping you from going to both!!!!!

seriously, a few of us did both last year and it was class, there'll be more details about the polo comp nearer the time, but be aware that no matter you want to do, this weekend is a KAYAKING weekend and you all need to book it off work NOW

EASKEY EASKEY EASKEY EASKEY EASKEY EASKEY EASKEY EASKEY EASKEY EASKEY EASKEY EASKEY
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 13:14:36 by HelenaC »

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 14:11:07 »
Easkey no longer has any toilet facilites. You have either to time it for the pub or go to the petrol station. Unless someone from the scouting fraternity has another option.

Offline Asho87

• If you were celery I'd stalk you.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 16:01:40 »
Quit moaning about the toilet, it's feckin' GRAND, unless someone has a toilet emergency, then, sorry for your troubles.

Loads of people going (weather and surf dependent). Banter shall be had. 

Offline finch

• Committee 10/11
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 17:03:38 »
Easkey is awesome :D 8) afro.gif

That is all.

Offline EllenMcG

• Wise onion.
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2013, 00:02:40 »
Easkey no longer has any toilet facilites. You have either to time it for the pub or go to the petrol station. Unless someone from the scouting fraternity has another option.

Yeh well we got by last year...It's not ideal but it's graaaaaaaaaaaaad...

Sure no one returns from Easkey with any dignity anyways, having no toilets is such a minor issue on the grand scale! 

Offline Diarmuid

• Captain 13/14
  • Varsities Committee 2018
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 18:39:54 »
Right guys, who's going to this?

I'll be over after Polo on Sunday evening myself!

Easkey, wooooooooooo

Offline Maryanne

• Captain 12/13
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 00:27:12 »
I've to arrange transport (working on getting the car from my mum).

There might be an oldie party in Dublin on Friday night, I thought I might try and go to that, tactically you see, talk about Easkey the whole time and convince as many of them as possible to come up on Saturday.

Mwahahaha...  evil.gif