Author Topic: Lomo Spray decks  (Read 12051 times)

Offline Zog

• Safety Officer 16/17
Lomo Spray decks
« on: January 08, 2014, 01:50:18 »
Getting a big deck spray deck to fit my burn, considering a lomo brand one because it seems to be good value for a semi kevlar coated model...any thoughts or experiences with same on why I should or shouldn't buy one?

http://www.ewetsuits.com/acatalog/neoprene-spray-decks-kevlar.html

Offline Steven Mul

• Safety Officer 14/15
Re: Lomo Spray decks
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 13:42:57 »
Make sure it fits your bloody boat! Ask Garbhan for  the website about deck sizes!

Offline Peter O'Sullivan

• Senior Treasurer 16/17.
  • Coffee please.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 14:35:12 »
Looks like really good value for money, tempted to get one myself. For what my 2cent is worth I would avoid the palm decks.

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 14:45:36 »
http://irishlostboy.blogspot.ie/2013/07/lomo-gear-review.html About half way down is a review of the deck

Offline Garbhan

• omg guys, the forum time is BST instead of GMT :O
  • mmmmm.... timeee....
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 16:12:10 »
The website is here http://www.skirtfit.com/ The Lomo gear seams to get really mixed reviews, half of DIT have their drybags and love them, yet their cags seam to always get bad reviews. The website you listed doesn't have a size that will fit a burn but Lorcan from Saor Usice is a Lomo dealer I'm fairly sure. Also Kevlar decks don't stretch a lot, so you can't buy a size smaller like you can with a bungee deck.

Offline Garbhan

• omg guys, the forum time is BST instead of GMT :O
  • mmmmm.... timeee....
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 16:18:33 »
I just realised that the XXL IR deck that Koray is selling on the facebook group will fit a burn 2. That deck fits very few boats (Director, Everest and Burn 2 are the only boats I know of) so you could probably knock him down on price as he currently has it up for €100 but it's a very good deck. Also here's a lovely bit of advice on Decks

Offline Douchier

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 17:25:36 »
I have only heard bad things about lomo stuff.

(ok, so I have heard some good opinions, but not from anyone that I would trust to tie their own shoe-laces)

Any of the stuff that I've seen has been crap quality and fallen apart

That said, for £40 you can't lose.

Offline Zog

• Safety Officer 16/17
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 23:30:12 »
Going to buy a peak uk kevlar reinforced big deck for 80 quid now...anyone got anything to say before I do? (I've checked skirtfit and it should fit the cockpit according to the dimensions.)

Offline Tiny Tim

• Committee 10/11
  • Ickle Dave
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 23:15:39 »
My pal Phil uses Lomo gear and loves it. Seems to have improved dramatically in recent years.