Author Topic: Outlaw search  (Read 14646 times)

Offline Andy J

• Equipment Officer 14/15
  • Cork boi!
Outlaw search
« on: April 17, 2014, 22:53:57 »
Hey all. I'm on the lookout for a decent outlaw to buy. Just a heads up, if you see or hear of something I'd love if you could give me a shout!

Offline Jocano

Re: Outlaw search
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 23:38:22 »
Looking at recent things going on here on the forum, I'd say Mr Finch is a cheap outlaw. Not sure if decent though.

Offline Peter O'Sullivan

• Senior Treasurer 16/17.
  • Coffee please.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 23:47:57 »
I can't think of any good reason to buy an Outlaw. There are so many cheap playboats for sale you'd be mad to go looking of an ancient design.

Offline Tiny Tim

• Committee 10/11
  • Ickle Dave
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 08:52:45 »
As a matter of interest why are you interested in an outlaw?

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 09:46:39 »
I'm going to use my ancient equipment officer powers and say this is his boat of choice from the club

Offline DervM

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 12:20:31 »
If you're buying it for yourself then no, we refuse to help you. No no no.

1. You've the use of a grand aul Outlaw or two in the club; don't pay for what you get for free.
2. Outdated model (still a good boat) but it's neither a playboat nor a creeker you can't do either thing properly in it.
3. Boats will come, don't buy too early before you know what you should want  :P.

Offline Andy J

• Cork boi!
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 18:05:16 »
Okay . . . My reasoning (even if its flawed) is that I paddle to have fun, and the outlaw so far have proved to be just that. Okay it's not a creepers or a playboat. But I believe it's a nice mix for club trips. It just about takes the level of rapids and weir we do while still being a blast to paddle. And those tail squirts! And given most of you have pointed out its an old boat means it won't cost me a huge amount for ine in half decent nick. Also club boats are . . . Well club boats . .

There is my reasoning.

Offline Douchier

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 19:13:11 »
Hey Andy,

I've an InaZone sitting in the boathouse.
It's a very nice boat to paddle and is perfect for the kind of stuff you mentioned above.

It's yours whenever you want it.

Offline DervM

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 19:16:19 »
Solid points, but my real problem is don't pay for what you get for free.

If you use a club boat very regularly, which you do, then you pretty much have the right to outfit it to your liking (especially as equipment officer  :) ). The only difference between a club Outlaw and one you buy yourself would be outfitting like.

Wooo free stuff!

Offline Andy J

• Cork boi!
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 19:23:41 »
I left it out of the last post but outfitting is the bit I'd like a bit more of over the club boats. Also if its my own boat I can mess with that aspect of it more and take it out for the summer and so on. That's my take on it anyway.

Offline DervM

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 19:36:08 »
Fair enough! I've not seen any recently anyway, Canoes & Kayaks for Sale on facebook is your best bet for one.

Or take Niall up on his offer ^ similar and fun boat. (Or, if Steven isn't interested in it then I'm thinking about selling my playboat - it's great fun)

Offline Andy J

• Cork boi!
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 19:42:08 »
Cool. Thanks :)

Offline Steven Mul

• Safety Officer 14/15
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 19:59:14 »
(Or, if Steven isn't interested in it then I'm thinking about selling my playboat - it's great fun)

I'm gonna try to get a go in your boat at some point (even though I won't be at the next club trip either :( ) If I was taking it for a spin would I be ok to take out the hip pads you've put on and the footrest??

Offline CormacR

• Sexually Frustrated Officer
  • I can't change that sexually frustrated thing
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 21:10:40 »
I know what you're planning Andy
http://youtu.be/wOamGTfD4z4

I saw a pyranha varun or two knocking about a while ago. They'd be gone by now but it'd be one to look out for. In the same vein as an outlaw or inazone but, being a newer mold, mightn't be as beat up.

Offline DervM

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 21:23:39 »
If I was taking it for a spin would I be ok to take out the hip pads you've put on and the footrest??

Oh yeah totally! Just keep them super safe and put them back in. I think the footblock is adjustable, so you can just take the layers off and leave yourself some ankle protection. And same with the hip pads they're pocket ones.

I know what you're planning Andy
http://youtu.be/wOamGTfD4z4

Savage.