Author Topic: Scotland anyone? :D  (Read 20606 times)

Offline Andy J

• Equipment Officer 14/15
  • Cork boi!
Re: Scotland anyone? :D
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2016, 17:24:39 »
I'm in. Just need a plan.

Offline Kerry Gold

• Rory here
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2016, 00:12:10 »
I'm in. Just need a plan.

i have a plan, attack

Offline Kerry Gold

• Rory here
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2016, 10:18:30 »
Don't think i can go  :(

Offline Fraser

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2016, 21:56:13 »
Right so I thought I would give y'all some more info since time is getting on and it won't be long now.
Flights have gone up price wise  :(

I can still get return flights from Dublin to Edinburgh leaving on Friday 13th returning on Monday 16th for  £47.

I am fairly confident we will have enough tent space for anyone that wants to make the trip. The same goes for other camping stuff such as stoves/utensils/stuff. Sleeping bags might be a bit tough although I know those are a pain to bring in hand luggage so I will see what I can rustle up.

As for transport there are a couple of options.
  • Rent a car: will cost about £50 for a 5 seater for the weekend
  • Scrounge lifts: We should have lifts for everyone but might lack flexibility
  • Public transport: The camp site has decent connections and we will be running shuttles but bleh trains

Boating wise you are welcome to use NUKC club kit. We will be using our standard private trip rules in regards to this. Basically you break it you pay the value although in the past we have split the cost of any damages amongst everyone on the trip. The official policy is quoted below.

If the equipment has been damaged during the private trip then the committee should be notified. It is a condition that the member borrowing equipment will replace equipment, this will be determined by the club committee as to the value and cost of replacement. Taking into account the condition and age of any of the equipment.

Right that is probably enough of me prattling on. Feel free to hit us up on facebook or drop us a text if you need us +447950539181

Offline Kerry Gold

• Rory here
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2016, 17:19:35 »
So did anyone of ours end up going?