Author Topic: Parking at Lynhams  (Read 10657 times)

Offline kmck

• "99"
Parking at Lynhams
« on: August 21, 2017, 09:02:33 »
Hi folks, Lynhams in Laragh were stopping people from using their car park again at the weekend. Seems they are sick of paddlers and walkers clogging the place up every weekend. So, could everyone please try, even if it's midweek in the middle of winter and you're the only car there to a) minimise the number of cars left there. Car pool, leave more at the top of the river, etc. b) park considerately - in the spaces, don't block the road with boats even for a minute as you unload c) make an effort to spend some money either in the hotel or the cafe next door (owned by the same people). Don't be the a**hole who ruins it for all of us

Basically try to minimise the number of cars on a trip, buy food and services. Also, no spending money on one night of the year does not give you free parking for the year.

Offline Peter O'Sullivan

• Senior Treasurer 16/17.
  • Coffee please.
Re: Parking at Lynhams
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 11:39:49 »
I saw that post and I was confused. Given the level at the weekend http://maths.tcd.ie/~dawillia/ how many paddlers could there have been?

Offline kmck

• "99"
Re: Parking at Lynhams
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 20:10:05 »
I think in summer months the issue is hikers, but the odd time there is rain, paddlers add to it. Other times its courses