Author Topic: New club gear  (Read 17933 times)

Offline Mark Hoare

• Quippy 17/18, member of the GALALADS
  • Administrator
New club gear
« on: October 11, 2017, 15:05:32 »
So, the club is getting new gear, I am attaching the quotes/invoices of the gear below. anyone have any points/ comments or opinion about certain gear to make about the list of equipment, please make your voices heard and reply below.

Offline Scabidas

• Can't Cycle
  • Varsities Committee 2018
  • Scabidas
Re: New club gear
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 15:19:26 »
Is the club purchasing all of that or is there private gear there as well?

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 15:25:58 »
Shsssh!

Offline Number 4

• Secretary 16/17
  • Committee 16/17
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 15:59:58 »
Is the club purchasing all of that or is there private gear there as well?

The Werner paddles and the Nirvana are private, everything else is club!

Offline Diarmuid

• Captain 13/14
  • Varsities Committee 2018
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 19:26:05 »
I don't know if there is a point to the club purchasing knifes, karabiners, slings or roof rack straps, they will definitely go missing, they have in the past.

Make sure you but cable ties for the airbags or they'll go missing too

Why do the new polo boats say "no footrest"?

Offline Mark Hoare

• Quippy 17/18, member of the GALALADS
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 23:45:08 »
The polo boats dont come with foot blocks. But for an additional 40€ they can. We will be getting the ones with blocks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Andru93

• Quippy 16/17
  • Committee 16/17
  • Former Chief Trailer Puller :)
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 00:57:58 »
I don't know if there is a point to the club purchasing knifes, karabiners, slings or roof rack straps, they will definitely go missing, they have in the past.

Have to agree with Diarmuid on this one,

Since the order is in now make sure to label everything with UCDCC in big black marker (In more than one location) or else they be walking!

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 11:52:49 »
Or a sign them to a person every trip and get them back at the end of every trip. Issues will occur in Kerry but if someone is in Kerry for the week, they sign out the gear for the week.

Offline Peter O'Sullivan

• Senior Treasurer 16/17.
  • Coffee please.
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 20:05:59 »
My 2cent:
1. Footrests for the polo boats. The pool boats were boat without them, it turned into a mission to sort out.
2. Whoever the Nirvana is for the might as well buy airbags with it. ( I don't see the point of buying racing creeker but thats another days discussion ).
3. Please say the Karnalis come with adjustable footrests? I wouldn't assume they do.
4. I thought the club had loads of slings, we win them in varsities and never use them.
5. Same for ropes, thought we had plenty of them. Also Great Outdoors would be cheaper.
6. The carabiners would be cheaper in great outdoors.
7. Those bumper cam straps are a pain in the ass to get through some boat loops. Probably better getting the NRS 6m ones if you can find them without bumpers. ( bumpers seem to be the fashion so I'm not sure you'll find bumperless ).
8. The tubes of the palm airbags will fall off like the old navy airbags we had. Don't buy any palm airbags. Both grades of nylon airbag have the same tube for inflating.
9. Whats a palm universal backband?
10. Desperate Measures in the UK will deliver shogun paddles to Ireland for about 30euro less.
11. Palm knives rust and seize fairly rapidly, wouldn't buy one. NRS knives will last a year longer before they rust and seize.
12. I-canoe would be cheaper for the Lifesystems first aid kit.

Lastly, can the club buy some splits? I would suggest these http://www.i-canoe.com/en/Paddles.1/Split___Spare_Paddles.178/TNP_Paddles.22/TNP-rapa-glass-split/TNP_Rapa_4pc_Glass_Shaft.961.html if budget allows.

Sorry, wasn't expecting to type so much.

Offline Poopy Dick

• Sass Officer 16/17 Drunkard of The Year 16/17
  • Do you know I went to Mexico?
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 20:22:48 »
My 2cent:

Sorry, wasn't expecting to type so much.
2 cent? That's like your entire paycheck 😂