General > Foreign Trips

Lee Valley in the new year

(1/2) > >>

johnf95:
Gonna do a quick trip to Lee Valley whitewater centre (where the olympic events were held in 2012.) in the new year. Two days paddling and one night in a hostel nearby somewhere would be a bitta craic. Ideal for anyone with a solid combat roll. (rolling in moving water.)  Anyone who reckons they could manage that is welcome to join. Boat rental is available at the centre for less than 20 pounds (i think) and it costs a tenner per hour on the course. There's also a fee for assessing whether you can run the courses or not. you can get a train from near the centre to/from stansted.

The flights I booked were 6.50 am on sat 13th and 19.40 pm on sun 14th. If anyone has questions give me a shout. Don't have all the details but sure we'll see how it goes.

Much love
John F x

kmck:
https://www.gowhitewater.co.uk/canoeing-and-kayaking/membership-and-paddling-our-courses

You need to pass the legacy and the Olympic assessment before going on the courses and this has to be booked in advance of your day.

I'd talk to Matt Enright, John's older brother for more info.

I think it's a great idea but you'll need to sort the logistics out about test dates and if you can book onto a session afterwards.

My advice is to go to Cardiff, it's cheaper (£10 for the day not the hour), there's no test and it's easier to get accommodation at a reasonable rate compared to London, you could also get the ferry from Rosslare.

Twyrin is also an option with a ferry from Dublin just don't bring Peter as he causes it to snow.

Mark Hoare:
Another spot is HPP in Nottingham. The national whitewater park for brittan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poopy Dick:

--- Quote from: kmck on November 13, 2017, 19:34:06 ---My advice is to go to Cardiff, it's cheaper (£10 for the day not the hour), there's no test and it's easier to get accommodation at a reasonable rate compared to London, you could also get the ferry from Rosslare.

--- End quote ---
More descriptions here too
https://forum.ucdcanoeclub.com/index.php/topic,12352.0.html

Andy J:
A plan that I want to put into action sometime is a weekend trip. Ferry over early Saturday Morning, Run the Dart loop. 30 minutes plus of grade 3+then a 10 minute hike back to the top. Book a hostel for the night and hit the slalom course for the Sunday then go home.

Dart loop obviously depends on rain, but apparently well worth it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version