Author Topic: Improvements in facilities  (Read 12084 times)

Offline Andru93

• Quippy 16/17
  • Committee 16/17
  • Former Chief Trailer Puller :)
Re: Suggestion on improvements in facilities
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 13:50:45 »
These two colleges ave some of the best whitewater and freestyle rivers in Ireland, but more notably they have excellent facilities within their campus grounds.

ave --> Have

This whole thing is coming from the Athletics Track that they are about to build in the stone carpark in front of the boathouse. So a new boathouse or even an expansion might be on the cards. Has Dramsoc put stuff back in there side yet?

As for the waterside boathouse the rowers currently have a boathouse in islandbridge but I don't know would be be more space available there. It would be a good place for flatwater training if there was will there but I don't see the rowers been too keen in sharing space.

As the Newstead speed bump there thing is truly a fecker and should be either halfed or got ridden of.

Offline Mark Hoare

• Quippy 17/18, member of the GALALADS
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2018, 20:07:48 »
These two colleges ave some of the best whitewater and freestyle rivers in Ireland, but more notably they have excellent facilities within their campus grounds.

ave --> Have

This whole thing is coming from the Athletics Track that they are about to build in the stone carpark in front of the boathouse. So a new boathouse or even an expansion might be on the cards. Has Dramsoc put stuff back in there side yet?

As for the waterside boathouse the rowers currently have a boathouse in islandbridge but I don't know would be be more space available there. It would be a good place for flatwater training if there was will there but I don't see the rowers been too keen in sharing space.

As the Newstead speed bump there thing is truly a fecker and should be either halfed or got ridden of.

Drama have moved stuff into their shed, not much compared to what used to be in it but alas, there is still shite in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline johnf95

• Training Officer 17/18 Captain 18/19
  • Committee 18/19
  • Paddles Optional
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2018, 16:54:06 »
Just to keep everyone updated, the suggestions were passed on at the meeting. The overall facilities plan seems very long term like 3-4 years. Our requests dont really require a lot of long term planning so that might increase the likelihood of them actually happening but there was definitely nothing solid at the meeting at that stage anyway. I also sent a follow up email using a lot of what you said simon so that could prove useful too. More updates as they come. x

Offline Peter O'Sullivan

• Senior Treasurer 16/17.
  • Coffee please.
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2018, 11:13:07 »
No idea how you managed it, but the speed ramp by Newstead is finally gone.

Offline johnf95

• Committee 18/19
  • Paddles Optional
Re: Improvements in facilities
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2018, 18:56:18 »
Further to your e-mail, I have spoken to the pool manager and he has confirmed that he will permit canoe polo goals for your session on a Wednesday nights in 1/4 of the pool.  However, goals can not be used for any other of your club sessions for health and safety reasons.  With regard to the purchasing of goals, the club will need to apply for a special grant from the AUC or the Student Activities Committee Strategic Fund for their purchase. The pool manager has advised that in order for the goals to be stored at the pool, they will have to be able to be dismantled in full by the club after each session.  As he does not have the storage capacity for the goals if they are not dismantled. 

With respect to the kayaking ergs, I will need to discuss this matter with the gym manager to determine if there is space for this equipment.  The issues regarding ownership and funding can be explored once the space issue is clarified.

On the final matter regarding a boathouse on the water, it is my understanding that a legal arrangement has been put in place with Celbridge Paddlers for use of a facility on the River.  Please ask last years committee (Ailbhe) for details  but my understanding is that the club can use the gym and club boats in the facility.  That provision has also been made for the storage of 10 UCD boats and associated equipment. 
Kind regards

Suzanne

Pretty promising start, few bits to be done for it. Also the lease with cel ridge is not signed as of 26/6/18

Offline johnf95

• Committee 18/19
  • Paddles Optional
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2018, 17:13:00 »
Update re the ergs:

Dear John,

I did send on the specification for the ergs and I know the gym manager asked that at least one be included in the gym inventory that is currently being tendered.  However, I do not have confirmation that the erg will be purchased, as the Campus Company are awaiting the return of the tender and will then make an assessment.

Kind regards

Suzanne

Nothing concrete but it has been put forward at least. In regard the polo goals I have been looking into them and their feasibility in the pool. I think I'll do a seperate post about that though as theirs a lot in it.

Offline Poopy Dick

• Sass Officer 16/17 Drunkard of The Year 16/17
  • Do you know I went to Mexico?
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2018, 17:23:40 »
Solid work. All good steps