Author Topic: Committee Meeting Minutes 18/19  (Read 228 times)

Offline Jack L

  • Secretary 18/19
  • Ball Organisers 2018
  • *
  • Posts: 38
Committee Meeting Minutes 18/19
« on: April 19, 2018, 15:21:02 »
Wednesday 18th April – Handover Committee meeting
Present
John Finn
John Enright
Sara
Evie
Cian
Johnathan
Rebecca
Conor
Emma
Ailbhe 4
Ailbhe C
Jack
Missing
Shanley

Keys
•   Rebecca Conor and Cian all missing keys. Get two spare (Johnathan)
•   Update: Conor is no longer missing a key.

Finances
•   We have 5,000 atm in account; we need to spend 2,000 before grant.
•   Spend on spray decks and booking trips before grant comes in.
•   Don’t go all out on amazing gear, will prevent people from actually buying their own gear and giving up after college.
•   Make sure to post in the forum, hard to track down stuff in groupchats. Link forum in chat rather than posting in the chat.
•   If lodging stuff can go to Montorose bank cash and cheques, if need new check book etc, need to go to the ‘student store’ need to check opening hours, they only provide scertain services on certain days.
Changing Passwords
•   New password has been added to the account.

Sunday Trip
•   Mass email is done through sisweb, need to sort that out.
•   Level 3 and 2 assessments
•   Need to book the bus,
•   Need to contact Jess
•   Also need to pick Jess up on the way.
•   Half 10 boathouse
•   Bus needs to be ready at Ren’s Nest
•   3-3:30.

Wednesday 25th April

Attendance

All present

General
•   Make sure everyone knows how to use the forum (new topic etc).
•   Make sure to familiarize yourself with Constitution.
•   Handle safety statement and forms, gear borrowing forms.
•   Amend constitution to remove OCM.
•   Everyone has keys now.
•   Possibly moving paddlefit to another day of the week, Monday or Tuesday pref.
•   Rec 3 course organized by Cian
•   Sort an RSR 2 trip
•   General email to send out to freshers will be edited by Conor.
•   Cian write out level 2 and 3 syllabi on a sheet and laminate it, make about 12.
•   Rebecca update the committee profiles on the website.
•   Gear talk just before Christmas but before exams, around November, try get discounts.
•   Something usually happened every two weeks or so (talks, movie nights, nights out etc). This year try do something as often as possible just to keep freshers engaged.
•   Jack in charge of Canoe Ireland Membership
•   Justin Cullinane.   

Boathouse cleanup
•   Boathouse cleanup sorted on Saturday 12.
•   Bring a BBQ to BH, there will be food and cans.
•   Len will be there.
•   General cleanup, repairs, stock take, clear out containers.

Membership Cards
•   Vista print currently have a sale on.
•   Actually hand out the membership cards to freshers this year.
•   Card ones. Nice and thicc. 650 Microns
•   Contact details for NML and Sec on card

Welcome Night
•   Conor Presenting on welcome night.
•   Book Doyle’s on Monday or Tuesday of Week 3.

Pool Sessions
•   An option to have a €35 flat once off charge for pool for the year and not have to pay €2
•   Not mandatory, have the option between weekly payments or one charge.
•   Wednesday as polo days. After the first few weeks.

Polo
•   Probably end up being a Div 3 team over the summer
•   Can’t have too many Div 2 players on Div 3.
•   Need to get a referee course going for polo so we can Ref matches. 1Hr exam, 75% to pass. Multiple choice.
•   Finn still in charge of polo team.

Booking trips
•   Need to do that asap, use money for grant.
•   Bundoran for freshers (houses), Lahinch for Colours (Not everyone wears different colours #seery)
•   Portbeg was where they stayed before.
•   Week 5 have Freshers trip. 
•   12th-14th October
•   Check committee resource page for info on booking
•   *Johnathan does something condescending*
•   9th – 11th of November for Colours.
•   Kerry have the same dates and location as last time. In Kenmare. Try book two houses near each other. 27th- 2nd.
 
Instructors
•   Niamh and Jess were really good.
•   Try get them, tell them dates so we don’t have to book instructors every time.
•   More experienced kayakers lead and teach younger kayakers how to be safe etc.

Sunday 19th May

Attendance
Shanley and Ross missing

Inventory
•   Not updated yet, done by next week
•   Get an idea of what needs to be bought

Safety forms
•   Read them
•   Shanley needs to update

Membership cards
•   Conor has sorted them
•   30 euro for 100 cards
•   Should be ordered by next weekend

General
•   Be booking dates for instructors for the trips 
•   Surf kayaking and river trip in Bundoran
•   Just surf in Lahinch
•   Cian laminate level requirement cards
•   Forum post with skills and links on how to do those skills
•   RSR2, try get a date for that, possibly September (close to the start of term)
•   Grant stuff not until September
•   Committee profiled should be done before next term
•   Tuesday 25th of September freshers night (provisionally)
•   Jack can’t go to Rebecca’s and Johnathan’s 21st and is very sorry *sad react*
•   One XXXL helmet for Conor. The absolute Unit.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 19:17:54 by Jack L »

Offline Poopy Dick

  • Sass Officer 16/17 Drunkard of The Year 16/17
  • Posts: 1,040
  • Song song, song... song song
Re: Committee Meeting Minutes 18/19
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 15:55:06 »
•   Bus needs to be ready at Ren’s Nest
*Wren's  ;)

Offline Jack L

  • Secretary 18/19
  • Ball Organisers 2018
  • *
  • Posts: 38
Re: Committee Meeting Minutes 18/19
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 18:42:37 »
•   Bus needs to be ready at Ren’s Nest
*Wren's  ;)

I currected ih