Author Topic: Blades  (Read 7337 times)

Offline ado

Blades
« on: November 30, 2004, 16:12:53 »
I'm looking to buy some good ones.  Any offers for test drives welcome.

PM me    :wink:

Offline Brendino

• People are always asking me if I know Tyler Durdan
Blades
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 16:17:11 »
I'm holding Mickles Hostage until he pays me petrol money. If you want to pick up the debt, they are all yours.

Offline kill

Blades
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 16:25:54 »
I too am looking for a nice set of paddles. Anything better than a schlegal will be considered.

Offline claire

Blades
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2004, 17:31:11 »
me three, santas looking to bring them, has about 150 to spend but doesn't know where to buy them so's left the task to me...
any offers?

Offline GrampaC

paddles
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2004, 19:11:37 »
you won't buy anything new that is any way decent for 150euro,

have a look at the buy and sell section of irishfresstyle.com usually people selling some there second hand.

Also try down in the Rough Stuff factory in Palmerstown, Mark sometimes has seconds (ie not sellable as new because of scratches) paddles which he does good deals on.

Also, at the moment he is doing a deal that if you have a second hand paddle from a non Rough Stuff company he will give you 100euro for it as a trade in for a new set of Rough Stuffs.

I don't know what he will be doing with all the second hand paddles he will be getting, it could be worth a look to see if he is going to sell them again, could be some bargains to be had.
hope this helps,
Gramps

Offline ado

Blades
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2004, 15:45:35 »
Thanx Gramps,

When is that palmerstown place open for business?  Weekends only or wha?

Ado

Offline GrampaC

open
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2004, 16:57:39 »
They are open monday to saturday 9-5 usually, though these time can vary.
There is always someone there mid week, as they make the paddles monday to friday, but Mark looks after the shop part and all the dodgey dealings and he works in Intel on shift work so he is not always there and hence the place is sometimes not open on saturdays.

Could be a good idea to phone them before you head over on 626 4363
or Marks mobile on 087 259 6012

For directions get off the m50 at n4 exit, go towards town, turn left into palmerstown village, at the T junction turn right, then take the next left into Mill Lane, then down to the bottom off the hill and after a sharp right bend in the road go straight through the gate in front of you into a big yard and Rough Stuff is the big grey building at the far end.
Happy shopping,
Gramps

Offline ado

Blades
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 10:56:04 »
Thanx ted   :wink:

Offline claire

Blades
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2004, 11:35:32 »
heya ado. when are you thinking of heading over? ya want a car buddy?

Offline carlito

Blades
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2004, 13:21:19 »
We'll be checking the boathouse to make sure that no club blades mysteriously get traded in for a set of Rough Stuff's for your good selves.  We're on to yiz....

Offline claire

Blades
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2004, 14:06:27 »
oh no.... my evil master plan is rumbled.... but then again i am the equipment officer so i'm willing to bet i could still quietly arrange for one or two to become "unusuble and unsafe"... not that i would of course!!

Offline Skelly

Blades
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2005, 21:38:05 »
hey ado you can try mine out this sat
Robson chiles

Offline Dave B

Blades
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2005, 10:03:25 »
just my own opinion but i'd be very reluctant to buy second hand blades or even rough stuff seconds. You never know where the blades have been, they could look fine but be very weak from hitting many a rock etc. Paddles are a really important part of your kit( Ithink the're more important than a boat, but thats just me) you should be willing to spend a fair bit for a decent set of blades. have a look at getting some over the net, the selection of blades in Ireland is crap, i know a good few people who have bought great blades for good prices over the net.

Offline eoghanp

Blades
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2005, 15:17:18 »
Skelly how far behind the times are you? the last person to post on this thread was on Dec 9th!!!!!