Author Topic: A question of paddles  (Read 10212 times)

Offline kmck

• "99"
A question of paddles
« on: April 29, 2005, 16:08:04 »
Okay I have around 220 euro to spend on paddles. Now what should I go for robison studs, double dutch or what. Is there a discount on blades or does the same rule apply as boats? Now I know what size and feather I like so thats not a problem.

Offline Eoin

A question of paddles
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 16:12:23 »
Eh... watch out for that rock in the big A when you take them out...  :oops:  :roll:

Offline Brendino

• People are always asking me if I know Tyler Durdan
A question of paddles
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 16:21:02 »
You can't go wrong with Rough Stuff. In saying that I don't use them at the moment. I went for Robson Chillis. They as yet remain untested for an extensive period, so we'll have to wait and see. What are you used to? Do you want to change? Do you need to go top of the range (Carbon) and spend all of your cash? I don't like double dutch, but that's just me. Generally, you get what you pay for.

Offline Sara

A question of paddles
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 18:11:03 »
I love my double dutch, they're light and they do me just fine. I got discount but i wasnt meant to, they just scanned at a cheaper price, it was kinda like god gave me the discount! its worth a try!!

Sara

fresher Dave

A question of paddles
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 18:18:17 »
Ruff stuff all the way man. You can't go wrong with a set of tempests. they rock.

Offline Aodhán

A question of paddles
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 20:30:53 »
tempests are great blades, same price as robsons too but in the unlikely event they do break you can send em to pikey downey be fixed here as opposed to a round trip to germanland...

Offline eoghanp

A question of paddles
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 22:40:18 »
just a point of information. robson set the feather on all their blades at the factory so you have to buy them as seen in the shop

Offline joey

A question of paddles
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2005, 02:24:52 »
id say have a look at the seven twos that irish outfitters sell ( i think thats them)  they are the ones my little bro uses except they are white. they are great blades, light, strong and very powerful. if i ever get a proper job im gettin a set. only thing is they only come in one angle and its bout 25 degrees but its worth gettin used to.

Offline meabh

• towel and tortilla on a world wide adventure
A question of paddles
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2005, 14:12:29 »
in the unlikely event they do break you can send em to pikey downey be fixed

What????? what do you mean the unlikely event that they do break....i'd say thats a fairly inevitable event, and he's not called pikey downey for no reason!!!!!

but yeah rough stuff.....thats what i got 5 yrs ago and i still got em.....wouldn't reccomend them though, the new ones have the reputation for not being as good.....personally if i could afford to buy new blades, robsons or as joey said (but don't tell dave i said that coz he'll never let me live it down) seven twos- they seem to be the business alright. (its ok its not like he can figure out how to log on to the msg board to read this!!)

happy shopping.....grrr you and your invigilating.....making money from our misery

Offline Cheesy

A question of paddles
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2005, 14:17:46 »
well in just bought a set of duble ducth magic's which i think will suit me well!
happy hunt'n

Offline Dave B

A question of paddles
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2005, 12:06:21 »
dont dont dont dont buy rough stuff!!!!!!! people may say that we only hear of them breakin because so many people use... thats bull... just ask peolpe how they broke theirs!!! i mean Ive seen so many paddles go into the big A n hit/get caught in that rock but the only blades ive ever seen break there are rough stuff... personally seven two all the way well worth 250 yoyos, the're fantastic just like joey said.. not sure about robson the're not bad but if they break getting them fixed is a big problem, double dutch are excellent blades, had a set myself for a while, if your willing to splash out werner are one of the best makes in the world(if not the best) but hey its your choice!

Offline eoinor

A question of paddles
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2005, 12:28:23 »
I agree with Dave, mine broke after 2 months and he charged me €120 to have them fixed!! Would have bought something else if I had the money and was'nt on the way to scotland!

Offline El Diablo

A question of paddles
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2005, 12:35:17 »
I use robinson studs and they are great, even if the blade area is a bit big.  One blade did split on me a few years back but a liberal filling of arildite(?) every 6 months or so and no further damage to report.

I have about a 10 degree feather and its OK.  I bought second hand and that could be a good option, know the seller and how long s/he has had them.  Stay away from pro boater types, flat water cartwheels wreck baldes.  That's why I don't do them! :roll:

Offline Benny

A question of paddles
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2005, 17:31:11 »
Werners all the way dude, bought a set a few months ago for 250 yo yo and haven't looked back since  :D

Offline Skelly

A question of paddles
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2005, 20:50:40 »
eoghan powell oas offer to set the feather in the shop, cos thats where I got mine! OAS dont do discount on paddles but GODs do and that is not a advert incase any1 thinks otherwise!