Author Topic: Freshers' Weekend  (Read 14066 times)

fresher phil

Freshers' Weekend
« on: October 18, 2005, 10:13:11 »
:toothy10:  :lol: !!FRESHERS WEEKEND!!  :lol: :toothy10:

Everybody's favourite weekend of the year is less than two weeks away! Story is:
      We meet at 5pm at the Engineering Car Park on Friday the 28th October. We have a mini-bus and a coach to bring us down to Kilkenny at which point you'll all be turfed out into the nearset pub :occasion5:  whilst the committe go sweet talk an old lady to let us stay in her house for the weekend. If that fails we'll all be staying in the scout hall in Kilkenny for the weekend. :occasion9:

There will be a river trip on Sat and Sun mornings for those who are still conscious or near conscious. :coffee:  So bring all the gear you would for a normal river trip. We will probably run sections of the Barrow and the Nore.

Saturday night is the mother of all parties and is fancy dress. :occasion7:  :rr:  For freshers be warned that if you don't have a costume you may be stripped naked (no guarantee!). There is no theme as is the tradition of freshers weekend so get your thinking caps on! :tweety:

The cost of this weekend of frolics is a meagre €45 which will include the buses, your accomodation and food for the weekend. As we need to pay the bus company a deposit we are asking that you pay the full €45 by next Monday. Places on the buses will be on a first come first served basis based on when we get your money. So please get it to your nearest available committee member asap.  :clock:

:wav:  :wav:

Offline Asho87

• If you were celery I'd stalk you.
Freshers' Weekend
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 11:12:55 »
yay cant wait gonna b such gud craic! anyone reccommending quantities of alcohol one should concider bringing? will it b pub based or scout hall/old lady's gaff based????

Aisling

Offline kmck

• "99"
Freshers' Weekend
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2005, 11:22:00 »
Okay how much to bring, it is a three hour bus ride to kilkenny, if you have bladder problems drink spirits not beer, however since I am not in control of piss stops drink loads of beer and ask the bus to stop every ten minutes! There are plenty of off licences in kilkenny so if you run out you can get more. Generally friday is pub based with saturday starting in the den then to a pub then back to the den. In general bring enough for a good house party more can be added. Also remember that you will want to get paddling so although the ultimate hangover cure is paddling, paddling drunk is not accetable :roll:.

Offline bambi

Freshers' Weekend
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 12:21:32 »
paddling drunk is not accetable

Not acceptable to who? :lol:

Offline kmck

• "99"
Freshers' Weekend
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 12:31:18 »
We have a code of practise you know and since this is known as the freshers and safety weekend I think showing a good example and going to bed a eight would be a good idea.......am.

Offline aidan j

Freshers' Weekend
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 13:08:19 »
Quote from: "kmck"
Also remember that you will want to get paddling

What kind of club do you think this is?

Also, if its a 3 hour bus trip down to Kilkenny, its 3 hour trip back to Dublin, so remember to buy more booze on saturday for the home stretch.

Offline Asho87

Freshers' Weekend
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 15:24:07 »
Quote from: "aidan j"
Quote from: "kmck"
Also remember that you will want to get paddling

What kind of club do you think this is?

Also, if its a 3 hour bus trip down to Kilkenny, its 3 hour trip back to Dublin, so remember to buy more booze on saturday for the home stretch.

yeh... i dont do paddling (well not yet neways) so extra drink shud b purchased on my part i am thinking!

Offline davedave

• This asked me for my MSN Messenger name :( RIP!
Freshers' Weekend
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 14:28:05 »
I paid!!! :D

but now i have to think of a costume that will put you all to shame!

Offline Sara

Freshers' Weekend
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2005, 15:46:27 »
Advice on what drink to bring to freshers;

Friday:1 Bottle of Buckfast for the trip down. Beware, drink more than one bottle at your own risk (well everyones risk really)

Saturday: 1 bottle of Buckie and money for the pub

Reserves: A six pack of Fosters incase you feel the need for a 'more than one bottle of buckfast at everyones risk' night

I'd usually go with 2 bottle of Buckie, 4 beers and pub money.... but im a girl!

Sara

Offline mickle

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2005, 15:49:05 »
Yeah but...

WHAT A GIRL!!!!

Offline kill

Freshers' Weekend
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2005, 16:34:10 »
Bring enough for two nights of severe drinking plus enough for 6 hours where you'll have nothing better to do.

Offline louise

Freshers' Weekend
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2005, 18:59:35 »
and remember guys....

the pee stops are based on the needs of the ppl with the WEAKEST bladders :D

sara-so happy ur back to buckies-esp after ur lahinch escapades last year :twisted:

Offline bexifurr

Freshers' Weekend
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2005, 19:08:08 »
ha ha ha haaaaaa haa

that was so FUNNY!!!

Offline kmck

• "99"
Freshers' Weekend
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2005, 11:01:00 »
Sorry as a evolutionary biologist I think it is survival of the fittest or those with weak bladders should create new survival strategies to overcome this, I recomend a bucket.

Offline Asho87

Freshers' Weekend
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2005, 13:38:40 »
also is this "includes food" imaginary?? or does it exist.....