General > Foreign Trips

Uganda Summer 07

(1/2) > >>

Monkey Loving Bob:
I now it's been done and is now officially old news :o, but I'm gonna head out there this summer and I'm wondering what anyone elses plan is. Sara this is your fault for making me think that forward planning might be a good idea. Anyone interested let's talk about it in Kerry, I know a few are already so we might discuss it some more...

Conor

bexifurr:
Ooooh, I'll just warn everyone over there, will I?!

Seriously though, I'd recommend it to everyone. There's paddling for every level, people learn to paddle from scratch over there. The playboating is awesome and there are so many different lines down each rapid, and so many different channels to explore when you've exhausted the commercially rafted runs. They still kept me entertained after three months, although I'd be a bit slower than most, considering I couldn't roll properly when I got there.

Re: rolling, its a great place to learn, but unless you have a long time out there, you would want to have a solid roll - getting up first time almost all the time. If you don't you will still have a great time, but you might not get as much out of the trip as you would if you had a bombproof roll. I know that I only really started getting places when I got it down pat. Swimming 15 times in three days on Nile Special was no bother, but imagine how much more surfing time you would have if you're not swimming a mile downstream every time you try to catch the wave!

I think you could consider a club trip over there. It is expensive to get to, but then when you get there, it's dirt cheap.

Book your flights through kayakthenile.com or you may find yourself sans un kayak over there.

And don't get into a headbutting contest with Jack. Even if he gives you a helmet.

Ritchie:
AM DEFO. GOIN AND AMP'D LIKE A DOGG!!!

one major problem for me is.... the zambezi(with bexamus) or nile source uganda(who's ever goin)

-would be lookin for big clean surf to work on my freestyle and a bit of river runnin.... where should i go???

kmck:
Well as tempting as a trip away sounds I think I will go for painful dental surgery and even more painful writing a thesis.

david:
Yeah, Thesis suck. I have to blow my summer collecting info for my thesis for next year. What a bummer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version