Author Topic: Level 3 or Level 4 Assessment and Rec 3 Accelerated.  (Read 21521 times)

Offline cat halpin

Re: Level 3 or Level 4 Assessment and Rec 3 Accelerated.
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2007, 11:30:28 »
Put me down for a Rec 3 please. Also, if ye's want a hand with someone to help out preparing people for assessment or assessing L3's give me a shout and I'll see if i can be up in Dublin.

Offline cormac

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2007, 13:59:02 »
Exactly the same as Catherine - REC 3 please and can prepare/assess Level 3.

Offline mmmmm

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2007, 14:01:51 »
Can you do Rec3 without doing Rec 2 (or Rec 1- does that exist?). If you can I'd be interested in doing it. Cheers, Maria

Offline bexifurr

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2007, 15:58:37 »
Ok, thanks kmck.

Do you need to have your level three before you can do your level four? Can you do them both on the same day?

Will their be any training for it?

When is it gonna be?

Anyone wanna go p&p at Sluice tomorrow?

Offline Ciarán

« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2007, 00:07:53 »

Anyone wanna go p&p at Sluice tomorrow?

I will go if i can get a lift up to dub in the morning!

Offline Sick Boy

« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2007, 12:16:24 »
if a rec 3 is going to be organised it will probably be an accelerated rec3 is a 2 day course runover one weekend and requires no previous first aid knowledge.

as for rec 4 i would imagine that a rec 3 is a requirement but i dont know.

Offline david

« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2007, 13:24:42 »
What if you have the french equivelent of a rec 2? can you do the Irish rec3? If so do you reckon he'd teach me in french? I only know first aid through french.

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2007, 14:13:47 »
Non ils enseigneront dans l'anglais vous garçon bête

Offline Mark

« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2007, 18:15:49 »
What if you have the french equivelent of a rec 2? can you do the Irish rec3? If so do you reckon he'd teach me in french? I only know first aid through french.

The instructor I have is from Morroco. He can teach in either french or arabic.

Offline Siberian Tiger

« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2007, 20:24:51 »
im interested in level 3 as you know, i think im probably ready............................

Hey Mark, Sasha here, yeah Im interested in both level 3 and 4, but sign me in for the rec 3 please

Offline Siberian Tiger

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2007, 20:27:32 »
If you want to do either your level 3 or level 4 proficiency in the next couple of months, please post here with what level you wish to attain and if you think you are ready for an assessment.

In particular for this years freshers and anyone else who'd like to join in there will be a few training days for the level 3 in the coming months.

ALso please post if you are interested in doing accelearted rec 3 or rec 4.

If you know somebody who is interested but doesnt really read the board much then please let them know aswell.

Hey Mark, this is Sasha, sign me in 4 rec 3 (my email is kolbasin345@mail.ru)-just in case

Offline Canuala

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2007, 17:43:18 »
throw me in for a bit of level 3 training sparky...and whats this first aid malarchy all about? is it a good idea for freshers?

Offline Mr C

• http://www.nerdz.ie
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2007, 20:16:58 »
Am interested in the REC 4, but as far as I know they're only run once every few years and only about 10 people ever do them because it's a week-long course and instructors are flown in from the UK or the US. Is that what all you guys are definately signing up for, or is there some confusion about what the different REC levels are, and what they mean? Remember - kayaking only needs up to REC3. REC4 is for 'medics' accompying expeditions etc etc.

Just thought I'd remind people to look up info on what they're asking to do before they shell out goods bucks to do it. I don't have the time and/or inclination to find it on the web for them. Some student bum, possibly kmck, might, so all may not be lost!  ;D

Offline Brendino

• People are always asking me if I know Tyler Durdan
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2007, 22:17:42 »
Any update on the REC course Mark?

Just a thought for all of those interested, but the REC 3 training would really only be appropriate for anyone who wants to do an instructor training course or if you are planning on doing a lot of outdoor sports.

Of course there is nothing wrong with first aid training for anyone, but just bear it in mind that you don't need to do it at all as all of the instructors and most of the senior paddlers are trained and qualified and carry first aid kits with us on the rivers.

Offline Sara

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2007, 11:26:31 »
that post reminds me of a cartoon where one paddler is lying injured on the ground and another padder goes 'where's the first aid guy?', the other's respond 'your looking at him'

Its just my opinon but I think everyone should have a REC3, people use the training for everyday incidents not just outdoors stuff.

Sara