Author Topic: Anyone on for a challenge in the Liffey Descent  (Read 4021 times)

Offline Donnie

Anyone on for a challenge in the Liffey Descent
« on: March 05, 2007, 17:09:06 »
As you all probably know, the elite section in the Liffey Descent is the K2 class.

I may be wrong but I don't think the club has participated in this class for at least a decade (possibly two).

If anyone is foolish enough to consider giving it a go, I have a K2 (old but floats) that is currently a garden ornament and looking for a new home.

But be warned, it is not easy to paddle a K2!

Offline I'm From You

Re: Anyone on for a challenge in the Liffey Descent
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 18:25:34 »
Sounds good Donnie! I accept said Challenge!

Offline Una

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 21:57:50 »
That sounds to me that Donnie is looking for a cheap way to clear his garden.  How much would Dublin City Council charge him to dispose of said K2 if he left it out with his bins?

Úx

Offline Donnie

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 22:54:07 »
Una,
You're just sore because frisbee is not a challenge. The k2 in question is not in my garden but is in someone elses where its use as a garden ornament is becoming questioned.

Of course the problem with a K2 is that you need 2 people! one is not enough so who will be the second victim?

Offline Mark

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 23:58:28 »
Heh - from the first post i got the impression that you were going to race aswell!

Offline Lorcan

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 10:30:09 »
Donnie

You should know by now that speaks for me as well.

I also accept

Lorcan

Offline Jim

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 13:39:49 »
Be warned Lorcan and John that this race will be a test of your relationship. Two-people racing boats are known as divorce boats. It's fraught with relationship perils.

Who goes in the back? Who calls the stroke? What to do if one of you is tired and wants a snooze? This could be the end of the beautiful thing you guys have going on there.

Also, paddling K boats is really frigging difficult.

Not to mention this particular boat's illustrious history - did you know that Donnie once featured on the front page of the Irish Times in this boat, working the magic on Lucan weir in the Descent? So you'll have the weight of history and expectation on your shoulders too.

Not that I'm questioning your joint abilities and qualifications, you understand. Just Flannigan's.

Jim.

Offline Lorcan

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 13:54:50 »
My dearest Jim

Clearly i the fatter and less fit person will be occupying the back of the boat.

Therefore i will be the one shouting at john as i drink my way down the descent.

as long as we finish which i am not saying will be easy at least we will have completed the race in a K2 a feat that mr mollo will appreciate.

Thanking you for your much appreciated advice

The back half
Lorcan Fields

Offline phillt...y

• http://www.ebaumsworld.com/monkeypee.html
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 16:02:40 »
Anyone fancy doing the descent in a donkey costume?

The front half
Phil Tully

Offline Donnie

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 15:59:14 »
It seems like the club has a K2 racing boat in the Liffey Descent this year!