Author Topic: UCD CanoeClub Membership Cards  (Read 20952 times)

Offline david

Re: UCD CanoeClub Membership Cards
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 18:23:44 »
Does it have to be a plastic card? I was thinking a folded card with a list of rivers that you can get stamped. Shows progress and means you can see what rivers someone has done.

I hear you Kieran, A formalised ranking system is just what this club needs!!!
How else Will people know who they're better than?

Offline david

« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 18:27:31 »
Ps, I totally agree on simon on this one, this is just the sort of under handed laziness that we've come to expect from the Marx Leaders of this club. They're pretending to give the control over to the peole, But they're really just Bone idle. Why It reminds me of the dark days of the Bannon Administration!!!

Better in my day....Bitter in their Day.

Offline Donnie

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 12:34:44 »
Impeach the committee!

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2007, 15:36:22 »
I say instead of plastic cards, we should each design a poster say A0 size and give them to the committee to decide which ones they will use. Just pick either a paddling or party picture and add a funny catchphrase. Only screwing beats canoeing! Sort of thing.

Offline Lorcan

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2007, 15:56:29 »
I have to say i think Kieran is on to something with a list of rivers on it. it would be nice to give people something to aim for. It might also be a good idea if we didn't have all the rubbish posted under a valid topic.
It is a good idea that people in the club who aren't on the committe have a chance to give input to whats going on, as in the past information and help have been offered and not taken.
My 2c
Lorcan

Ps they were my last 2c i'm so broke.

Offline fityounggranny

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2007, 17:03:13 »
I was thinking a folded card with a list of rivers that you can get stamped. Shows progress and means you can see what rivers someone has done.

Don't mean to be a spoil sport, but this could easily create a false perception of ability.

Hypothetically, a person could be invited onto a difficult river in mid-low water. Just because that river is stamped does not mean they would be capable of doing that river again the next day, different water level, different group of people.

Rivers change in difficulty very quickly, there's a lot more to it than what you've done before....

my 4c,

Offline Monkey Loving Bob

• Marq's Nemesis
    • The best way for me to ignore you!
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2007, 18:30:43 »
ICU certs can create the exact same false perception, however most of them are treated with more than a grain of salt, the idea of a 'river hitlist' isn't all that bad as it's, like Lorcan said, a bit aspirational for fresher's coming through. I don't think anyone will turn around and say well you have run X rivers and therefore I would automatically assume you are the sh1t... Most people know the ability of other paddlers in the club. It's not a score card or formal system suggested, just a more of a logbook for the hell of it. Might even encourage more people out regularly...

Pure Opinion.

Edit: Diarmaid's suggestion has considerable merit ;-)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 18:32:33 by Monkey Loving Bob »

Offline Ritchie

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 18:37:52 »
jaysus, we are just looking for a CARD here people, NOT a frickin' treasure map or log-book entry or a what not.... JUST A CARD.... 40X60mm!!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 19:16:41 by Ritchie »

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 20:16:42 »
I call dibs on the free membership if an honorary member wins it.

Offline bexifurr

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2007, 12:58:57 »
Hey guys, 

Just wanna bring this back up to people's attention, now that exams are over and yis have sooooo much free time ye probably don't know what to do with yourselves.

We have a had a couple of pretty cool submissions, but you still have another month and a half to express your innate creative genius.

Get to it!
Laters

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2007, 10:40:34 »
I had 10mins to spare today so here's my first effort. Ain't anything amazing but it's a change.

Offline Lucy

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2007, 13:59:27 »
was thinkin of havin a stab at this...are we keeping the disco paddler or are we lookin for something completely different??

Offline Mark

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2007, 14:27:36 »
Whatever you think is best.

Offline Lucy

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2007, 21:49:29 »
Ok, well here's one attempt!

oh, and stick the web address in somewhere...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 22:00:47 by Juicy »

Offline Asho87

• If you were celery I'd stalk you.
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2007, 22:39:43 »
lovin the laydee paddlers lucy!