Boats and Gear > Buy and Sell

ez for sale should i buy it?

(1/2) > >>

jesus_jones:
I really like mickles €600 tere's a opost on the board in god, any sujjestions really like to have an ego tough may hold out but people keep trashing them, don't think i'm ready for a new boat just yet

kmck:
See if you can try it out first.
Secondly both paul and mick have had or have a big ez talk to them about the boat

slapper:
Jim used to have an ez and seemed to like it, although he did get rid of it recently  :)
It's a decent boat. €600 would be a good price if it is good condition. I'd go along what KMcK says and get a demo of it. See if you are too heavy for it, or what sort of abuse it has sustained etc.

jesus_jones:
paddled the ego on saterday gotta get me one of those.

Jim:
The EZ is a better all-round river-runner. The Ego is better for all that flat-water 'going-around-in-slightly-elevated-vertical-circles' nonsense that passes for kayaking nowadays.

Egos are being thrashed because people are using them for rivers too tough for the boat and swimming out of them. If you stay with the boat, it'll be fine. If you swim, the EZ will fare better than the Ego.

Compare the noses and tail - the EZ is rounded and blunt, the Ego has sharp corners and is thinner at the ends. This is why loads of Egos end up with a bend-up nose or tail.

That said, for the Annamoe and so on, either will be fine. If you start to push it a bit (Glenmacnass and so on) you would be better off with the EZ.

As John says, I used to have an EZ. Me likey. EZ go bye bye. Me sad.

Jim.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version