Committee Announcements > Announcements

REC Training

(1/6) > >>

Mr C:
Hi guys,
As ever I still want to do my REC and I've been talking to a few people... The best option I have is that the ICU will talk to the REC trainers & get the best deal. Conor has also offered the use of the Training Centre. The best arrangement seems to be:

Weekend 1 (Sat & Sun): REC2 course, suitable for any club paddler who wants a bit more of that safety feeling in the cockles of their heart! The REC2 is sort of a first aid course specially for outdoorsie types.

Weekend 2: (One day): REC3, for those who have done the previous weekend and want to do their REC3. The REC3 is only really needed by people who are training (or want) to be instructors. The extra expense is not really justified otherwise.

If you're interested please reply & state what level you want to achieve. Be warned - the cost will probably be about €50-70 per day per person. I will be back with more info a.s.a.p.

If you've got problems with this don't bother posting - I really don't care: if you were that interested you'd have done this by now with your "better" way & I wouldn't be posting this :twisted:  :lol:

TomB:
Put me done for the rec3 course

slapper:
Hey guys,
Colin asked me to post this as he can't access a computer at the mo.

For those of you who don't know what REC means, it stands for Rescue Emergency Care. It is a very good first aid course.

The story with the REC2 course is:
There needs to be a minimum of 10 people to do the course, with a max allowable of 12.
If there are only 10 doing it, the cost will be €95 per person for the two-day course.

It will be held on the weekend of December 6th/7th at the ICU Centre, which is located out in the Strawberry Beds near Lucan.

Anyone interested in doing the course will need to give Colin a deposit of €25 before Friday 24th Oct (this friday). Names will be taken on a first come first served basis.
Colin's mobile number is 0868302419.

The details for the REC3 can be sorted out while doing the REC2.

This course is worthwhile doing. I did one a couple of years ago and would highly recommend it. Anyone thinking of doing it to get in touch with Colin.

cat halpin:
colin, i will defo be interested in doing the course, and will give you the deposit on thursday evening after the pool session if i am not working. Also i want to do the rec 3 so keep my name in mind for that.

Brendino:
Colin,
I have a lot of Scout Leaders who need training. I'm presuming that it's cool if they attend. The more the merrier and teh cheaper. Let me know if my presumption is correct.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version