Author Topic: UUUUGanda  (Read 3844 times)

Offline allio

UUUUGanda
« on: June 11, 2007, 18:13:08 »
was just checking flight prices online.

the trick to wait until closer to your departure date may pay dividends. both BA abd Brusselles Airlines show discounts if you are booking on short notice. the cheapest i've found is return flight brussels entebbe direct, return, for 839euro taxes and all. but thats departing this week returning september, i'd imagine that the same will apply if I wait until 2 weeks prior to an august departure date...

also, brussels airlines allow kayaks under 2m free with a 30kg baggage allowance to entebbe.

anybody heard any stories about this airline?

my .02$

allio

Offline bexifurr

Re: UUUUGanda
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 19:53:28 »
Yeah, they take kayaks free. But you gotta book to go through London, i.e. you can't make your own way to Brussels and go with them from there. You gotta take a flight to London Gatwick - so Ryanair - and then take your Brussels airline flight from London to Ebb.

If you decide to make your own way, via Amsterdam say, to Brussels, you're gonna have a lotta hassle and possibly have to pay up to 188euro each way for your kayak. This is because Jamie at Kayak the Nile has made a deal with Brussles airline to take kayaks for free, but since he's British (well, scawwttish) this deal only works out of London. You can't beat this - I tried.

The great thing is, if you do fly with Brussels and for some reason they can't or won't take you rkayak - already five onthe flight for example, Jamie will sort you out for free with a boat. If he likes you!

I have flown with them twice and will again. Another option is to try booking your flights outbound and return, separately. Can work out very cheap.

If you want to book via Brussels send Jamie and email at info@kayakthenile.com and he'll put you in touch with his contact at the London office and you can do it all over email.

Don't take them up on their offer to collect you form the airport - no matter how many times you confirm they'll say they were waiting for you to reconfirm - i.e. they forgot, cos they were to busy smoking wacky down by the river!

So... does this mean you're coming out? I'm heading out Sunday week... YAAY!

Offline allio

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 12:47:33 »
bit the bullet.
have appointment with TMB on tuesday evening.

UUUUUUUGanda here i come........

:):):):):):)

Offline Peter O'Sullivan

• Senior Treasurer 16/17.
  • Coffee please.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 23:24:41 »
When are you going?

I am flying out on the 13th of July. Really should book a return ticket!
Peter