Author Topic: Saturday 3rd November - Liffey  (Read 14102 times)

Offline bexifurr

Saturday 3rd November - Liffey
« on: October 30, 2007, 12:11:17 »
Hey guys,

Please sign up here for the river trip on Saturday the third, places on the bus are only guaranteed for people who out their names down here. We'll be meeting at the boathouse at ten am.

http://www.ucdcanoeclub.com/boathousemap.jpg

Grab the gear you need, pick a boat and put your gear into it and make sure you put it onto the trailer.

As yet we have not decided on the destination, the Boyne is still quite low and there is no water in Wickla either. So it's likely we'll be going to the Liffey again.

EDIT: We're going to the BOYNE!!! Boi-iiiiing Boi-iiiiing

EDIT FRIDAY PM: Liffey. Sorry bout the heinous confusion. The rain dance I found on the interweb failed me. Dammit.

We will be running Level 3 training for those of you who have obtained your Level 2 Proficiency in Kayaking. Those of you who were not there last week, we might be able to run naother Level 2 Assessment.

Please post up here if you wish to be added to BTLSAMCKD, the Bex Text List for Saturday AM Confirmation of Kayak Destination.

Alternatively, you should send me a pm if you want to be added to the Bex Booty-call List for Private Entertainment Endeavors, that's the BBL-4-PEE
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 17:39:16 by Bextoria »

Offline Sick Boy

Re: Saturday 3rd November
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 12:24:28 »
it really rolls off the tongue btl sam ckl.

i love it. what a great pro you are bex.

cian

Offline Gracie

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 13:58:48 »
is there still space for me?? That is if I can get up early enough after finishing my first week at my ew real job!!! Yes i'm actually sitting at my desk now, doing nothing, they told me to play arond on the internet! This work isn't as bad as i thought, other than the 8.30 start...

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 17:12:13 »
Make sure there are air bags in the boats. I like a good upper body work out as much as the next guy, but some of the club boats are huge and need the bouancy. I don't want to end up looking like this

Offline caz

• Koo-koo-ka-choo
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 18:32:14 »
if you dont want to be that colour then dont paddle the liffey!

Offline bexifurr

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 11:12:21 »
Holy Fuckin Shit Balls Gracie!

Of course there's room for you! Can't wait to see you, I have an exam in the morning so I'm hanging out in the Berry of Lies for the day. I'm pretty bored with the study already as you can imagine, so I've been reading some of the more interesting chapters in the Book of Medicine. Yeah, that's right, there's only one book required for being a doctor. Ask Lisa, it's called Medicine at a Glance. I use Wikipedia alot too though. Is that cheating?

So, right, there I was nosing through the book and I found a chapter on Sleep. Intersting that, I LOVE to sleep. Thought I'd love the chapter too, and I wasn't wrong - apparently, to maintain good sleep hygiene one should only use their bed for sleep.

Well.

Well.

If the Book says so, we'll just have to find more... different places to have the sex that the Book deems necessary for a good nights sleep.

Incidentally, do you know what's not good for sleep? Pitching a tent (ba-dum tssssh, goodness, I am On Fire today) on a slant, and sharing it with RanDee. I woke up on Saturday morning in the middle of a, I don't even know what you'd call it, it wasn't a field but it was somewhere outside Oranmore, near a graveyard and with more pedestrians about than you might have anticipated. Anyway, so i woke faceplanted into the side of the tent, which mercifully wasn't one of those round ones with no doors, with Dee on top of me. I had to say something, "Eh, Dee... I am awake now, you know"

So, the next night we're crashing in Jean's house in Galway having spent the evening in the Get Fit Fast Intensive Aerobics Workout in the Warwick (which I thought was Duarhic all night - not that I could figure out what Duarhic was either - was fairly confuzzled by the whole affair now to be honest, and that place is a veritable maze). We'd been caught three times by the Siochana necking a bottle of Bucky on the street, but I tell ya we were prepared for the weather - we had our sunglasses on just in case the sun came out before we went to bed, and we had our rainjackets, hot pants and leg warmers, just in case we fell through a vortex back to the early eighties. Aferall, you never know what's gonna happen in Upper Salthill, and '83 was a great year. Anyway, where was i? Oh yeah, sleeping with Dee - I had a few smokes out the back in Jeans, thinkning the apples never fall far from the trees do they? when I realised it was probably time to make friends with the spare bed. But that HO-BAG DIERDRE CONROY had gotten there before me, I tell ya, that woman has a plan and she is a Predator. Oh SO quietly I, eh, actually, probably wasn't so quiet at all, but you know when you're tryin to be quiet - yeah I probably was in a heap giggling at Dee and her growler. So the upshot is, I climb into bed and one minute she's out for the Dracula and next she's sprawling her octopussy arms all around me, and teliing me taht this bed is on a slant too... Jesus titting fucking Christ - I spent half the night dewperately clinging on to the edge fo the bed so I wouldn't fall off.

On the way home, we were underastaNDABLY FEELIGN A LITTLE... DDISJOINTED - woops, off with the caps lock there Bex, easy now girl, no shouting, you're in the library- we were feeling a little, you know, delicate. As you would after a hard working weekend in three different, new, holes - Dee - and some epic efforts on the dancefloor and on the water - me. The bright sunlight and fresh air of the Galway countryside particularly conspired to fry our brains on the Tuesday?, no MOnday? yeah Monday afternoon. Things we didn't quite understand about our trip home - like, why were the villagers burninating the entire fucking countryside, with their funny little hats on and funny jerseys and pagain bonfires. I mean, one family had even lit their fire right beside a fuckin telegraph pole - sure, are they or are they not an inbred pack of eejits who deserve their place in the Halls of Darwin Awards. And tell me this. What is the story with Supermacs? I know myself and Dee may have overdosed, and I'm sorry Father but I have sinned, I ate Supermacs in Dublin, when we were on the way to Galway. And it's been thirty years since my last confession.

We sure got more than a little excited by the whole everywhereness of it. It's like a adrug. You can't help having it if it's there. Maybe they do put drugs in it, I definatley think they put drugs in the ketchup cos it's waaaaaaay better than the stuff shite stuff Cian has at home - if I call it shite, he won't let me use it again, and sure what'll I do then when I stagger home when the birds are singing with my little bag of ships. I'm so down with the lingo.

Yeah. So. We ate Supermacs at least four times this weekend. It's not as bad as you tihnk ,cos there was three days in this weekend. But, seriously now, how many Supermacs are there in Galway? Cos there's THREE in a ROW on the SAME STREET in Ballinasloe - que'es-ce que le fuck???

So the upshot is. I'm a ilttle bit hummming off the ligths in here, it's just he coffee. I was waaaay worse yesterday - do you wanna buy a ticket for Kila? See what I mean? (I lef my ticket on the fridge and had to buy a new one outside the gig, don't tell anyone I feel like a spa.) I let ya have it for half price thugh!!!  ;D

Look , I gotta split but gis a buzzle on Thrusday and I'll meet ya for a pint.

Rafter x

Offline Sick Boy

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 14:56:38 »
there is no rai n forecast for the week, a few showers here and there dut nothing more. looks like it might be the liffey again, or the boyne in really low water.

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 16:56:34 »
If you drank more it would rain more common sense, if you understand the water cycle.

Offline bexifurr

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 18:54:36 »
It has obviously never rained common sense on you Mr KMCK, if that is your real name.

Offline SafeDee

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 19:36:52 »
bex, calm down love.

Offline Cli

• http://cliodhna-d.bebo.com
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 19:56:28 »
wow, i actually read all of that. a nice little story all the same!

Offline Sick Boy

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 08:57:05 »
the liffey it is then. i know that you guys have run it twice already but there has not been nearly enough rain to go anywhere else.

we promise to get you onto new rivers as soon as we find out how to make it rain again.

on the plus side you guys will probably get to do a bit of surfing in sluice or at wrens. it is great fun to get on for your first time and not really know what the feck is going on until before you know it, it is all over.

oh and you all have to come to d's party after words it will be fantastic. ball gowns for the girls and tuxes or suits for the guys.

Offline Kerry

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 10:49:09 »
Hey guys,
can you confirm what river we're going to, The thread begins with Liffey, then is edited to Boyne. So is it the Boyne Definitely ??

K :)

Offline david

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 11:12:09 »
I'll be going paddleing tomorrow,

Is my usual space reserved on the bus? The one by the window with the view?

Offline Gek

• Bebo Homepage
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 12:02:22 »
hea guys count m e in for the trip on saturday anyone know if the trip is still 10 euro??