Author Topic: Uganda info  (Read 18322 times)

Offline caz

• Koo-koo-ka-choo
Re: Uganda info
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2007, 21:48:10 »
but we want to see photos!!

Jevon

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2007, 22:15:46 »
I'll do my best, but I'm not sure a camera will fit in my Speedo...

Offline caz

• Koo-koo-ka-choo
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2007, 22:42:16 »
i'm sure there'll be loads of space in there  ;) or else ask one of the hippos to film it for you

Offline Ritchie

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2007, 23:04:06 »
I don't think I'll be needing any booties.

if you look around below the "death pit"(exactly as it sounds) chances are you'll come across my old teva's... that is of course a scavenging local hasn't got to them first...

.....my only advice is go for kayakthenile and you'll come back with the kayaking fever and great stories to tell everyone.....

if you go at it alone, you will either come home in a box / or have a really really shit experience that'll scare you off kayaking and probably the water(i'm being serious here). Myself, simon and connor all know first hand what happends when people fuck up, and it isnt one bit pretty.

kayakthenile is expensive but well worth the experience, you get all the gear, you get thought by top class paddlers and its all perfectly safe.
I'd just save up and go for the 2-3day option.

hope this helps,

rich/

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2007, 09:31:42 »
i'm sure there'll be loads of space in there  ;)

burn.

Offline Jean

• http://www.nuigkc.com
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2007, 11:02:50 »

There has been an outbreak of the ebola virus recently - mostly in west uganda though , but just so that you are aware of it, think it starts with flu symptoms but can be very serious
Have a look: http://allafrica.com/stories/200712111137.html

Jevon

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2007, 13:42:57 »
thanks for the Info... I have a few family friend doctors in the area, (the people I'm visiting) and they have said that we are pretty much completely in the clear

Offline Monkey Loving Bob

• Marq's Nemesis
    • The best way for me to ignore you!
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2007, 19:17:38 »
Hey Jevon, I agree 100% with Ritchie here, real fuck ups are not fun on that river and KTN are a savage group of people used to working with all types of paddlers. Go with them, you won't be let down and you'll do far more then you expect. Plus, try and outdrink Jack, I tried and failed (I hurt pretty bad afterwards) However I do know one man who did, it took a full week and several bars, but he won so it is possible.