Author Topic: WICKLOW!!!  (Read 16349 times)

Offline Douchier

Re: WICKLOW!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2007, 00:33:06 »
Ahh, but which actually floats better, wheat or chaff? I suspect chaff...

Offline Sick Boy

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2007, 10:33:13 »
so what you are saying niall is that we kept that which we should have thrown away and threw away what we should have kept.

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2007, 11:10:20 »
no, I believe it means that our criteria for distinguishing wheat and chaff cannot be based on flotation or, by extension, paddling ability.

the upshot is that the social members of the club are the true wheat, while the paddlers are chaff.

Offline Douchier

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2007, 11:58:52 »
so what you are saying niall is that we kept that which we should have thrown away and threw away what we should have kept.

I like it, it explains why I'm still here...

Diarmuid is probably a little closer to what I may have been thinking at the time. That was something along the lines of the chaff of society making the best paddlers/ drinkers/club members. Purely because the greater neccessity for survival instinct to be ingrained (yes, pun entirely intentional) in the chaff means that they float, but probably don't go much further.

On the other hand, that's obviously bullshit.

What I was really thinking at the time is that Wheat is probably more dense than chaff. So, whilst being more generally useful, in this specific context the wheat is useless. Nothing to do with paddling whatsoever.