Author Topic: Paddling on the 21st/22nd/23rd  (Read 25192 times)

Offline Douchier

Re: Paddling on the 21st/22nd/23rd
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2007, 15:34:36 »
Does he like being the big spoon or the little spoon?

Offline Pia!

• Bzz Bzzz Bzzzzzz *plop*
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2007, 16:00:21 »
with you Niall-the little spoon

Offline Canuala

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2007, 16:16:53 »
jevon as i said, paddling is a dangerous sport and having your level 3 before we give you our gear isnt too much to ask.

also,talking about bringing freshers down jacksons isnt something that is going to help your arguement seeing as I broke my helmet on it last week!

this isnt up for debate.
                                          .v.
'who needs safety when you've got insurance?'

ooh dee do i sense a lil discrepanacy here???
hmmm, the smooth sensation of the shit stirring spoon....the ball's in ur court simon

Offline SafeDee

« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2007, 16:22:19 »
nuala if you had your facts right you would know that im actually quoting pia 'i went to go to uganda with no travel insurance' crofton!

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2007, 19:33:02 »
You have a code of practice. Safety is supposed to be a positive not a negative thing. There is a very good reason for having a level 3 cert for taking gear to run stuff. Basically if you could borrow gear without it, the person lending the gear to you would now be taking on the responsibilty of saying your able or not able for a river. In otherwords you hurt or god forbid drown on a trip the committee would be brought up and could be made liable for your death due to your stupidty of doing something you couldn't handle. A level 3 does not make you a better paddler, it does not make you able to judge water and it does not make you any wiser, it is however granted by the governing body for the sport in the country as such you are expected to be of a certain level to get it. Therefore the committee can use it; instead of having to make that particular judgement call. They are still responsible for your safety if you use club gear on a private trip, so give the guys a break. They will get you to level 3 as soon as is humanly possible and this is completely possible within a few club trips.
You do not learn when you are scared, as such you learn techniques on easier rivers or easier settings. The way some people carry on, you would think that we should teach people by giving them final year papers on the first day of college and expect them to pass. Learning doesn't work like that. Yes there are extreme exceptions to this rule but they are really rare.

Offline Sick Boy

« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2007, 19:44:13 »
another great way of learning is to actually listen to your insturctor when you are being taught a technique, be it a new or one that you think you already know. i had to be taught how to paddel forwards properly during my level 3. you never stop learning in this sport and you can always improve even the most basic of techniques.

Offline Douchier

« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2007, 20:42:26 »
Listening to people? That's just poo. Next you'll be asking me to respect the opinions of others. Pinko liberal scum. Get a job you bloody hippies.

Offline Pia!

• Bzz Bzzz Bzzzzzz *plop*
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2007, 21:56:55 »
nuala if you had your facts right you would know that im actually quoting pia 'i went to go to uganda with no travel insurance' crofton

Worked for me though , didn't it?Insurance is only important when you need it!

Offline Simon R.

« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2007, 11:18:10 »
on an althogether different note...i have a key to the boat house and heres me and jevon and ritchie runnign jacksons yesterady. HA!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzrEruV4DB8

i just bought a really fancy high def camera so things might look a little different, oh and me and ritchie have been practising.

we spent ages on this video, think it turned out pretty good, screw you commitee!!

Offline david

« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2007, 11:24:54 »
Right Jonny, Quite that Jedi shit right now!!!!

Go up to paddlers on river trips and ask them to teach you something new or ask them a question about the sport.

Their egos will immeadiatly become so enlarged at the thought that you came up to them and not someone else that they will straight away start firing out advice and pointers.

do this often enough and people will remember you as the eager one and someone probably show an interest in you and teach you as much as they can.

Asking for a jedi master on an internet message board will only attract you a 42 yr old gay lover from the Kansas state star wars apperciation sociaty, He wont be able to teach you how to paddle but hee might ba a sensitive lover.

Offline Ritchie

« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2007, 12:36:19 »
and heres me and jevon and ritchie runnign jacksons yesterady. HA!!!

...i'm still disappointed on how the colours came out!! but it was a great footage.

Offline Simon R.

« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2007, 12:38:08 »
cant be helped your long hair looks great though.

Offline becca

« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2007, 14:26:18 »
what is with you and videos that have a homoerotic undertone?

Asking for a jedi master on an internet message board will only attract you a 42 yr old gay lover from the Kansas state star wars apperciation sociaty, He wont be able to teach you how to paddle but hee might ba a sensitive lover.

i think it might be time to pass on the golden spoon simon.

Offline Simon R.

« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2007, 16:19:27 »
what becca.......you dont measn this one by any chance????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbvP7dT3Dx0

enjoy.......

Offline SafeDee

« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2007, 16:30:52 »
ah it just never gets old does it!