Author Topic: First Aid Kits  (Read 5195 times)

Offline Siobhan UL

First Aid Kits
« on: March 23, 2008, 22:02:34 »
Just wondering if anybody is currently updating their first aid kits and needs to order supplies.  I'm looking into putting a bulk order into some medical supply company for first aid basics (it's ridiculously expensive to buy it individually in pharmacies) and the more I order the cheaper it is likely to be per unit.

Also if you don't have a first aid kit and are thinking of putting one together before the summer give me a shout.  I figure prices can range from a very basic €15 kit up to a far more comprehensive kit costing over €100.  There is little point carrying equipment you are not familiar with or don't know how to use so the less first aid you know, the cheaper your first aid kit.

Give me a shout if there is anything specific you may require or if you haven't the foggiest idea where to start and hopefully I will have something sorted within the next month.

Offline FINN

Re: First Aid Kits
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 22:34:06 »
hey id probably be interested in that,
not quite sure what id want though ??? :)

Offline Mr C

• http://www.nerdz.ie
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 17:47:17 »
Hey Hinners...great idea. SInce I lost my kit last year I've been arsing around thinking I should reassemble a new one. I have some bits 'n' bobs but need some of the more unusual items... Here's roughly what I'm missing. Any advice you have on contents would be much appreciated. I have a Sam Splint already, and most of the bandages I think.

•   Shears for clothing
•   2 pairs latex gloves
•   triangular bandages
•   Antiseptic cream
•   6 antiseptic wipes
•   Lint pad
•   oral re-hydration sachets
•   Waterproof pen & notepad
•   Tweezers
•   First aid aide-de-memoir
•   5 m plaster roll (0.5”)
•   20cc irrigation syringe
•   10 streri-strips 3 mm × 75 mm
•   20 cm plaster strip
•   2 medium square plasters
•   Large square plaster
•   Eye pad sterile dressing
•   10 cm × 10 cm sterile dressing
•   2 20 cm × 10 cm sterile dressings
•   Scissors

Offline Monkey Loving Bob

• Marq's Nemesis
    • The best way for me to ignore you!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 18:27:53 »
I'm interested, have your people talk to my people.. only if they accept personal cheques though...

Offline slapper

• http://NewZealand05.com
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 09:11:12 »
Hey Colin,

I find the antiseptic dry spray is very useful.
You could probably get away without the eye pad. you can always improvise using other dressings. Space saving is quite important when you try fitting it all in. on that note, the shears for clothing would do for cutting bandages, plasters etc, so you probably wouldn't need a scissors as well.

Rather than carrying a syringe, I throw in a few of the little plastic bottles of sterile water. They're great for irrigating wounds and come with a ready/sterile water supply.

Hope the comments are of use

Offline Evan

• We Live In Beijing
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 22:02:23 »
As my dad sells thes he tells me that for €17 you can get:

20 Sterile Washproof Plasters
2 Eye Pads and bandages
4 Triangular Bandages
6 Safety Pins
6 Medium Sterile Dressings with Pad
2 Large Sterile Dreeings with Pad
10 Moist Wipes
1 Pair Disposable Gloves
1 First Aid Guidance Leaflet

Theres also a €14 vehicle kit which is similar but also has 2 eyewash pods 2 selfseal waste bags and microporous tape.

Hope this helps. If anyone wants one PM me.

Offline roz

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 19:02:54 »
Colin...

I've been arsing around

Never!  ;)

Offline Kat

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 12:33:13 »
Lidl are doing a car first aid kit from Monday - not sure what's in it but could be useful as a starter kit. e7. 99