Author Topic: Paddles  (Read 7044 times)

Offline Nuala

Paddles
« on: April 05, 2008, 23:39:04 »
A set of black paddles marked with white and red duct tape were lost on the Annamoe, just above Jacksons. My name and number are on them so if anyone who's doing the Annamoe over the next while runs across them give us a shout. You can also e-mail me at nuala_mcauley@hotmail.com.

Offline Simon R.

Re: Paddles
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 15:56:52 »
better off posting on irish freestyle, www.irishfreestyle.com

make sure to tell people the make etc.

Offline Nuala

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 16:22:41 »
I have done that and a guy called Mike who lives in Laragh says he has them, so it's ok. I just have to pick them up at some point.

Offline Pia!

• Bzz Bzzz Bzzzzzz *plop*
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 16:46:55 »
Wow that's really lucky!I thought they'd have broken and sunk to the bottom of the river-i've snapped blades in much smaller drops than jacksons and its such a pain in the ass!

Cool-i should be down in Laragh there at some stage if you need me to pick them up for you nuala.

Offline Nuala

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 16:59:47 »
Yeah it's great, he said he found them the same day I lost them - I was dead lucky. I don't know when I'll be down around Laragh next so if you are heading down and could pick them up it would be great, just tell me and I'll try to organise it.

Oh, in case I lose them again (not unlikely) does anyone have brightly coloured disco paddler stickers spare? They are all black and decorated with duct tape for visibility, but I don't know whether the duct tape will last for long.

Offline Sick Boy

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 22:55:24 »
disco paddlers are deffo a good idea. i have all black paddels too and the orange stickers stand out well in irish water(dont have any left im afraid) the thing to remember if you have black paddels, the water in ireland is dark brown and white, so  while white tape makes em quiet visible above water it isnt so good when they are under water.

Offline Pia!

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 11:25:43 »
You can get illuminous coloured duct tape in woodies DIY which will stand out pretty well. I have duct tape on my blades at the moment-if you wrap the tape around the blade a couple of times it shouldn't come off.

Offline Douchier

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 12:29:28 »
if you wrap the tape around the blade a couple of times it shouldn't come off.

Is that the tape won't come off the blades or that the blades won't come off the paddles.. Dave I hope you're listening, prevention is the best cure for broken gear...

Also, who's responsible for ordering stickers and all that stuff, I'm sure lots of people would be interested.

Offline Towelyey

• Boobs Officer
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 12:37:38 »
the committee!!! i think it'd be best to harass the current committee for the next few days and not bother waiting for next years :)

Offline Pia!

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 12:40:32 »
Sorry, i meant to say around the shaft of the blades.

Thank you trowel-i was gonna say that "oh we've been trying to print more disco paddlers but the guy who printed them before doesn't do them anymore" but now you're just reminded me that it is no longer my problem!!! I am no longer a committee member on friday!!! Yaaaayy!

Offline Asho87

• If you were celery I'd stalk you.
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 12:42:47 »
Brendino had  a load ordered a while ago as far as I remember. Otherwise maybe people on Tom's committee - Fuzzy maybe?

Offline Evan

• We Live In Beijing
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 12:48:41 »
If people are getting disco paddler stickers can I get a couple?

Offline Sick Boy

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 18:29:23 »
brendino does still have a bunch. for sale i think.

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 11:51:15 »
why stop there? we could have disco paddler car air fresheners, and big plush stuffed disco paddlers, and disco paddler standees, and disco paddler ipod docks with speakers for blades, and watermelons grown in disco paddler shaped boxes so they come out disco paddler shaped, and...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 11:53:54 by you all suck. »

Offline Asho87

• If you were celery I'd stalk you.
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 12:55:16 »
lady paddler knickers... :-*