Author Topic: Cliften, Bank holiday weekend.  (Read 12213 times)

Offline Lucy

Re: Cliften, Bank holiday weekend.
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2008, 14:26:55 »
Clifden is only bout a fifteen minute drive from my house. But it depends on numbers as to how useful my house will be. There's two campsites in the area, stones throw from mine and the beach. Then in Clifden there's hostels. Also the hole is bout 20 mins from Tellytubbyland. It's all the same general area really.

Offline JODY

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2008, 14:34:38 »
Well the last time i paddled in Clifden i stayed in Ballina.... not the most logical place i know!

There are fields around which people camp in & the campsites, i'd assume the hostels are full it being the bank holiday weekend. Sure we'll sort soemthing out. There will probably be plenty of other paddlers about too.

So i'll take Diarmaid & Karen, as far as i know Kat & Mark are coming too, maybe Kylie. Might be too many to invade your house Lucy, but thats up to you to decide.  ;)

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2008, 15:07:40 »
if it's just a question of camping and maybe not even in a campsite, let's go to Teletubbyland. It's on the same road (Clifden-Roundstone) as the Clifden hole anyway.

any idea of surf forecasts? You might get some surf at Teletubbyland before/after the hole is working.

Offline JODY

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2008, 15:24:57 »
Would it not be better to be a it closer to town so we can go boozy indoors incase it rains???

Sure lets decide en route. But its Clifden on Friday night.

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2008, 15:50:44 »
there's a campsite within walking distance of Clifden, out the far side of town from the hole (northwest, I guess).

Offline Lucy

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2008, 15:58:02 »
Well our house is a bit of a halfway house. My siblings friends are also popping in and out along with various extended relatives... so my house will be useful for facilities, shower etc. floors and camping in the garden but as i said i can't promise anything. Tellytubby land is really good for surf, but i have witnessed it being as still as glass, seldom occurance but it still happens. The two campsites out near roundstone are good, right on the beach and we always walk to and from the pubs despite it being bout a half hour to hour walk and it's much closer than Ballina!!! you crazy. Anywhere you end up will be pretty good, but Clifden will be full cause of it being a bank holiday and also it'll be more expensive.

Offline caz

• Koo-koo-ka-choo
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2008, 16:21:37 »
hmmm this road trip is looking a bit too organised  ;D  well i dont finish work until saturday afternoon so i shall join you sat evening hopefully.

Offline Cli

• http://cliodhna-d.bebo.com
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2008, 21:16:38 »
wow, lots of posts since i last logged in.

I'm working till 5.30 Fri aswell. Will try and get a lift but have my mum's car if needed. Cliften on Fri - Sweet  8)

Offline JODY

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2008, 11:37:12 »
Ok for those coming with me, my plan is to leave town around 6 or half past & get on the road ASAP. So if you guys can have your gear with you and in town at that time it'd be great. Car is a full so pack light.

Karen i got an appointment after work & then gotta go pick up my camping stuff & clear out the car a bit so i might be able to collect your boat later... i'll have to see how time goes.

Offline Amanda

• Light shop
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2008, 11:45:30 »
I will be in mayo if anyone want to visit on your travles i like distractions.

Offline Peter O'Sullivan

• Senior Treasurer 16/17.
  • Coffee please.
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2008, 17:45:26 »
Looks like I'll be around Clifden this weekend. Not sure where I'll stay, often I camp in the campsite on the Letterfrack road. Where's Telletubby land? Is that on the Ballyconnely road?

There are some nice tides predicted it should be great craic.

Peter

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2008, 08:27:41 »
I'm afraid you can't be told where Teletubbyland is. the only way to find out where it is is to be brought there your first time.

them's the rules. I didn't make them.

Offline kmck

• "99"
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2008, 12:48:43 »
Heading to achil, cause I am all alone in the car and know there are people there already.

Offline Kat

« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2008, 22:37:11 »
Great Weekend.  For some snaps see my picassa.
http://picasaweb.google.com/tierney.kat/20080804CliftenBHWeekend

Offline Sara

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2008, 09:20:32 »
looks like you guys had some good adventures!!

Sara