Author Topic: Newbridge Slalom Race  (Read 4189 times)

Offline Paddy

Newbridge Slalom Race
« on: October 08, 2008, 10:54:06 »
On October 19th 2008 Newbridge Kayak Club will be hosting the first race of a domestic slalom series.

The course is very easy and should provide a very nice introduction to this particular discipline. Come along and give it a go.

The race will take place on the stretch of river located across from the town library.

Competitors are asked to park in the Patrick Brothers Secondary school which is located on the right just before the bridge as you come into town.

Entries will be taken up until approximately 12:30pm and the race should begin at 13:30. Prize giving is at approximately 4:30 at the Patrician Brothers Secondary School. For more information contact  0861783643.

Race Notice:http://www.newbridgekayakclub.com/racenotices/1223284625.pdf

NKC Committee

Offline Nuala

Re: Newbridge Slalom Race
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 11:04:27 »
Do you need slalom boats for this? If so do you have to supply your own?

Offline joxer

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2008, 12:01:45 »
Nuala,
I would ask them directly. The club reflex is almost a plastic version slalom boat and might do. Alternatively you could text Benny to see if the ICU have one

John

Offline Sick Boy

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 12:13:24 »
the icu, as far as i know dont have any slalom boats yet but they are getting them in.

Offline Monkey Loving Bob

• Marq's Nemesis
    • The best way for me to ignore you!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 15:28:07 »
Wildwater have some, other than that I would contact Paddy directly and ask him to try and hook you up. I have his number somewhere, I'll dig it out and pass it along.

Offline Paddy

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 14:35:54 »
Hi,

Sorry for not replying sooner. You can enter in any boat you like. If there are large numbers of entries then type of boat may be taken into account and a divisional system will be introduced.

Newbridge kayak club has a few slalom kayaks but not many( 3 i think). WWKC have a large amount of them, I believe the race is going to  be supported by them so there should be boats at the course that people could use. Ill ring around and see what I can muster up. Either way though come along and give it a go.

My number is 0861783643, feel free to call and ask any questions.

Patrick