Author Topic: Kayak the liffey to rasie money for the Irish Cancer Society??  (Read 4202 times)

Offline Scott

Hey Guys,

Im paddling across Ireland this january to Raise money for the Irish Cancer Society. The ICS have fully backed me  and i was thinking it would be great to get DUKC and maybe some other collage clubs involved in making a difference.

How would People feel about doing a fund raising Kayak from The ICU centre at strawberry beds down to O'Connell Bridge on the  19th or 20th of December?

Its not that long, were paddling back into Dublin and we could have a few pints back in a pub afterwards.

How do people feel about the idea? and also i can prob get ye sponsorship cards and buckets  to do some fundraising.

Kind Regards
Adam

http://www.bebo.com/HowthHeadL

Offline Evan

• We Live In Beijing
Re: Kayak the liffey to rasie money for the Irish Cancer Society??
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 12:26:15 »
I'd definitely be up for this but only if it was on the 20th because I've an exam on the 19th. Anybody else with me?

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 12:33:34 »
Yeah man, the more people on what ever date  is the one well go for. Id b e happier with the 20th  too.

Adam

Offline Nuala

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 13:51:20 »
It sounds like a great idea, but I don't know if I'll be around. You'd get a good deal of support I'd say, it being around christmas.

Offline Karen

• Chocolate!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 17:00:18 »
How are you rasing money? Do each person who does it have to get sponsorship? Or are you getting some based on how many do it? Or something else?

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 00:20:42 »
Ill get everyone sponsorship cards that they can badger there family and friends for some mula. Sound good?