Author Topic: Creeker Advice?  (Read 9122 times)

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
Creeker Advice?
« on: December 12, 2008, 01:25:09 »
Hey guys,
I'm looking at getting a cheap new or second hand creeker in the next week/two. I've narrowed the list down and would love if you could throw in any words of advise you might have regarding creeking & the boats.

I'd like to start upping the grade of rivers, Dargle, Glenmacnass etc

I'm down to the:
- Liquid Logic Remix 69
- Dagger Mamba 8.5
- Dagger Nomad 8.5

I'm not seeing many cheap nomads about so it's sort of sliding it off the list.

What I'm also wondering, is the remix worth an extra €150/200 compared to the Mamba?

Thanks !!!

Offline kmck

• "99"
Re: Creeker Advice?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 08:29:09 »
What weight are you? I am 14 and half stone close to 195lbs and paddle the mamba 8.0 and I am in it's weight range. There are differences between the 8 and the 8.5, the 8.5 is a little harder to do a uc on. But there is a good chance that whoever bought it only used it on easy rivers.

Offline cormac

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 10:13:28 »
Kyle
If you've demoed both sizes of Nomad, and the 8.0 and 8.5 Mamba and are happy with the bigger versions then ok, but I'd agree with KmcK that your frame would strike me as putting you in the 8.1 Nomand or 8.0 Mamba category.  But it's an individual choice.  Don't know the Remix, and have had a Mamba and a Nomad.  They are both great boats but the Nomad is better.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 10:15:13 by cormac »

Offline Tr Ash

• Your an inanimate f&%king object!!
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 11:14:35 »
been looking to gett a larger size myself.....soem people have talked about the mamba not reallly having enough weigh in the back and when going down drops it has a tendancy to back-loop.....just wondering have other people experienced this??

sorry to hi-jack your post but its anlong the same lines as ur question!:)

Offline Simon R.

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 12:02:18 »
you fucking sell out......

before jim sold out he was a shining light for running everything in his playboat. i had hoped that a new generation might have been created to follow on his example.

god your such a loser.

whatever kyle. dont ever call me to go paddling again. talk about getting airs...."oh look at me i'm lord snooty of oxfordshire...i own a creekboat".

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 12:18:45 »
Thanks for the replies guys. I haven't tried out any nomads but from what I've heard the mamba might be a little small for the bigger stuff, as Ash said. That was the only thing pushing me towards it.

I'd be anything from 14-15stone. Usually in and around 90-95kg.

And Simon, I honestly don't know what to say. You dissapoint me, you've really let me down.
You think, me?, me?, I?, I'd sell out? I've come up with a whole new way of paddling. Creeking with a cut ;). Ya get a creeker, cut about two feet off the front and back, this leaves you with the river flowing through your boat so your like one with the water. The rivers constantly flowing through your boat and body so you know exactly how to loop that next hole of how to blunt over the next 10ft drop. So you know what Simon, Don't you even think of touching your phone with my number in it, let alone phone me for paddling.

Ya hear me!!!!!!!

Offline Simon R.

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 15:06:26 »
whatever kyle....whatever

don't think you can bamboozle me with that buddist crap.

Offline Jim

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 15:50:12 »
Don't know the Remix, and have had a Mamba and a Nomad.  They are both great boats...

So, there you go. Of those three, Cormac recommends the Mamba or the Nomad. You know what you must do Kyle...

before jim sold out he was a shining light for running everything in his playboat. i had hoped that a new generation might have been created to follow on his example.

Ah, Simon, like the conscience I never had...

Jim.

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2008, 15:52:09 »
So, there you go. Of those three, Cormac recommends the Mamba or the Nomad. You know what you must do Kyle...

Jim.

I hear ya Jim, remix it is!

Offline kill

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2008, 19:12:28 »
As regards the mamba being to small... the mamba is too big for most Irish rivers. I can't imagine you having trouble in your g-ride on the glenmacnass and the only time the Dargle would cause hassle was if it was in big water. Do them in the boat you have.

If you wan't creeker, all creekers are good because they're all massive and people always stay upright in them so they consider themselves to have improved by being in a creeker. What they don't understand is that they could have been asleep and run the river just as well.

Offline Simon R.

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 10:14:21 »
you make a good point killian...... ironic that you would buy the biggest of all creekboats shaped not unlike an elongated spud. ;D

Offline kill

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 15:34:55 »
I was told it was a playboat when I bought it. Why would Dave Crerar lie to me? Why?

Offline Simon R.

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 17:18:05 »
what an assshole......

Offline cormac

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 09:25:28 »
Kyle

You could ask Jim whether he would sell you one of his creekboats but he might have sold them all already.  He's used to selling out.

Love

Cormac.

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 13:19:53 »
I should ask for advice more often, I love shit stirring  ;D!!