Author Topic: Riot Air 60 Cheap €299.99  (Read 8313 times)

Offline Adrian

Riot Air 60 Cheap €299.99
« on: January 20, 2009, 19:33:55 »
I have a Riot Air 60 for sale, it is going fro a steel at €299.99 It is in fair condtion and all ratchets and fittings are intact and working.

Its a larger freestyle boat that can do all the latest moves and comes in snazzy lime... I will include a Peak UK freestyle spray deck too.

If you are interested drop me a line on adrianshanahan {at} gmail dot com

Looks like this

From the side but in red

Actual boat

« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 22:43:34 by Adrian »

Offline AENGUS!

Re: Riot Air 60 Cheap €299.99
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 23:46:31 »
Hmmmm interesting!

Anyone know if this boat would be suited to my size?

And how good a boat is this?! :)

Offline JODY

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 08:52:46 »
http://www.eddyflower.com/ShowBoat.aspx?BoatId=233

I think this is probably too big for you.

Offline Adrian

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 13:25:33 »
The weight range to be able to use this boat is from 80kg to 100kg, if you wanted to use it as a river playboat you could get away with being a little lighter.

Offline Monkey Loving Bob

• Marq's Nemesis
    • The best way for me to ignore you!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 16:13:29 »
This boat is nearly too big for me Aengus, therefore making it way to big for you. YOu would find unresponsive and get blown about in any feature, as to the river runner comment - it's a playboat, period.

Offline AENGUS!

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 19:48:58 »
Ha yeah cool, seems like it'sd be too big for me alright!! Thanks!:)

Offline Adrian

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 21:27:09 »
, as to the river runner comment - it's a playboat, period.

Mr Monkey Loving Bob,

Firstly I would like to point out I said river play not River runner and secondly I will have to disagree with you here, for some one looking to do freestyle / run the Boyne / Liffey and some of the easier runs in Wicklow it is more than fine. The boat is designed as an out and out freestyle kayak but is capable of more than this.

Regards,

Adrian

Rodger Thomas from UCD CC has this boat on demo and has first refusal.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 21:31:03 by Adrian »

• Marq's Nemesis
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 22:20:18 »
Monkey Loving Bob = Conor Croke

my point Adrian is that we have large number of people who are still gaining experience in the sport and are not familiar with the benefits of different designs and can be attracted to something that may not be at all suitable, on the back of that it's worth being absolutely clear. Also the above mentioned runs are play runs not river runs, simple as. Easier runs in Wicklow I don't see the point in bringing a playboat, no benefit gained - experience in a boat suitable to use in harder conditions lost, lack of familiarity with the boat you paddle the day you step it up a notch has led to more than one swim (I know I've suffered/been guilty of this). Really man, if it's a playboat sell it as a playboat, You can run those type of rivers in a squirt boat if you want but unfortunately it really doesn't gain you anything except BS rights buddy.

Rog might find this boat suitable, I'll leave that up to him.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 22:28:00 by Monkey Loving Bob »

Offline Dave B

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 13:23:12 »
I've paddled one of these a good few times, but in my size.. it's a really good playboat, and good for river play.... at the end of the day you can paddle any river in what ever boat your most comfortable with ( i did all my river running in playboats for a long time) you just have to take safety into account, as long as you can rescue your buddy's in said boat ...
                          kylie, I disagree, there's huge benefit gained in paddling smaller boats down the easier!! runs in wicklow, paddling your normal big boat will just make things easier, you don't have to work as hard, your paddling becomes lazy and sloppy- fact, in a smaller boat your balance and egde control will  improve far quicker and be far better for you in the long run, as for experience and lack of familiarity in the bigger boat, well just get out in it once in a while but to be honest i think that's just a head thing, i used to spend my whole time in ireland paddling a playboat and then jump straight into a creek boat in france.. just about having the conifidence
                         I've spoken to a lot of top paddlers who said they've seen the average standard of paddling in Ireland drop  in the last few years- due to everyone paddling their big creek boats down every drop of water they paddle, and i've seen it myself.....
             waffling now, aengus, it's way too big for regardless of whatever paddling your doing, Roger- check it out see what you think- most important thing is probably comfort ( so many boats out there do all the smae things)

« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 13:27:33 by Dave B »

• Marq's Nemesis
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 13:43:09 »
Dave we've had this rant once too often between you and I. We'll have it again, but over pints - say O'Neill's Saturday after you and I both paddle our 'big boats' down some drop of water?

Offline Dave B

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 15:21:05 »
if i'm around  ;D