Author Topic: Throw Ropes  (Read 2798 times)

Offline Sara

Throw Ropes
« on: March 06, 2009, 14:43:53 »
Hey Guys

I Have an NRS 17m 6mm throw rope which comes with a very nice belt system that i really like. The rope is easily removed from the belt which stays on your waist while you throw/use the rope. I do have some concerns about the rope itself though and Im considering replacing the rope only.

Im concerned that the rope is too thin, 6mm seems to be the thinnest rope going. Ive had and used this rope for about 18months now, but Ive been advised that a thin rope like this will cut into your hands when rescuing a swimmer in strong flow. Also there's the issue of the thinner the rope the thinner the prussic cord you use and then more risk of it cutting into your rope.

What thickness of rope do people use?
Do you think the spectre ropes are worth investing in?

Cheers
Sara

Offline TomB

Re: Throw Ropes
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 15:24:33 »
Next time your over in gaff being all lovey dovey with that ass hole of a boy friend you have, i'll show you the ropes i have. . . .

Spectra is just as bad for burning throu you hands. Thin ropes make it easier for you too throw and you will start a body belay and anchor, however the swimming does not have that luxury. they have to do it with bare hands. It's not a preasant feeling to be sliding to the end of a rope when your already in shit creek.

Have to go will talk later