Author Topic: Boat Advicve: Riot Thunder 76  (Read 3320 times)

Offline rog

• Ginger Giant
  • Who wants to do that thing we always do?
Boat Advicve: Riot Thunder 76
« on: May 12, 2009, 19:03:28 »
Hey guys, there's a riot thunder goin for cheap on I-Canoe for 840, reduced from something like 1150. Just wondering if any1 has paddled it or know someone who has or does anybody know what its like? Unlike say the nomad or say... the burn... you never see any1 with a thunder so just wondering if they're any good, if they are i might get it.

Offline Monkey Loving Bob

• Marq's Nemesis
    • The best way for me to ignore you!
Re: Boat Advicve: Riot Thunder 76
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 21:21:55 »
Try it out, that'll probably answer your question for you...

Offline Simon R.

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 09:34:49 »
already has a riot play boat.......wants a riot creekboat.............well all he needs now is a sponsorship deal from HH and Redbull and you'll be steve fisher.

never heard anyone talk about the Riot thunderer only ever the Magnum i'd imagine for that reason a Burn might be a better choice everyone who has one loves them and they cost the same.

if eric jackson wrote his name on a soap box and used it as a playboat he'd still pull helixes in it. a shit hot kayaker can paddle anything. doesn't mean the boat there in is any good.

Offline Adrian

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 23:36:07 »
Hi Rog,

I've paddled the larger Thunder a good bit and I was well impressed with it, the only thing is I paddled it in nice large volume water where its planing hull comes into its own. Sadly this type of water isn't what we have in Ireland, that's why I have a Riot Magnum 80 which has a combined hull ( displacement hull up front / planing hull at centre and rear) which it the best design style for Irish conditions the WS Habitat has a hull along the same lines. The displacement hull will let you set yo angle as you go over shallow ledges and slides.

The Magnum 80 is quiet simply awesome and I have never paddled its equal ( Benny will confirm this for you as to how good they are), So in short if you can get your hands on a magnum it would suit your needs in Ireland better. The Thunder is still wicked but in my opinion its not the best Riot boat for the majority of boating I do.

I have to disclose an association with i-canoe.

Adrian