Author Topic: Sea surfing this Friday?  (Read 7847 times)

Offline Ley-Ley

• Committee 10/11
  • Banana Officer
Re: Sea surfing this Friday?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 13:04:28 »
Where ever there's surf? What's the best place? I was hoping Finchie could help us cause he is a life guard. I could ask some of the lads in the the dive club tonight too.

Offline Bill C

• This can only go well
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 16:14:36 »
Right, the weather scoop is for pretty shit waves on Friday m'fraid. West and SW coasts would be the best bets, but nothing to wet yourself over. Maybe 5 ft on W coasts Friday evening if we're lucky. However, Easkey Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, now that's worth getting exited about! Seperate sources predict 5m+ waves on West coasts thanks to a fresh Atlantic system pushing out the current unsettled system sitting off our NW coast. No-one is hazarding a guess as to weekend after next though, except vaguely SW winds of meh strength.
So the conclusion is not much surf this Friday, building steadily to late pm Tuesday/early am Wedensday, then dropping off again.

However there has been alot of rain lately...

Offline fityounggranny

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 16:52:55 »
Hey, if you're looking to get out, but not really confident to take on too much... The best option is probably around sandy cove. Its easy to get to, and only requires 1 car.

Around the beach part its shallow enough to drag yourself back in.
And if you get the weather right (i.e. warm) its a brilliant place to perfect you t-rescues, and improve your rolls

Also if you feel like stepping it up a notch, theres a nice paddle out past 40 ft, and along the coast there.
Although you should definitely be capable of doing water rescues there in case anyone swims. The rocks can be a little nasty, but then again, sometimes the seals will help ya!

Offline Ley-Ley

• Committee 10/11
  • Banana Officer
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 20:45:38 »
Hmm sounds nice Clarkey!! I think there was talking of Bucky's bridge to Clara Veil if we could get another car!

Jer

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 13:09:28 »
If there's still room I'd love to go!

Offline Ley-Ley

• Committee 10/11
  • Banana Officer
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 18:18:17 »
Nah, too much talk about it has turned me off paddling I think. :(

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2009, 21:25:02 »

That's the spirit!!!

Jer

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2009, 12:53:45 »
It's going to be one hell of a committee next year!