Author Topic: Clifden Fun Rodeo  (Read 6396 times)

Offline Adrian

Clifden Fun Rodeo
« on: June 07, 2009, 23:39:20 »
Hi Folks,

So the summer is here and you are looking for things to do on your weekend....Look no further as Event two of the Irish Freestyle Leauge is upon us already. In partnership with NUIG / GMIT kayak we give you...

This is going to be a two day event held in Clifden Co.Galway ( directions here ).

A rough outline of the two days.

Day One will include;

* Coaching
    * Free practice in the feature
    * Flat water comp for you flat-looping monkeys
    * Mega beach party and BBQ
    * Good times for everyone

Day two:

* Campsite clearup
    * Comp registration
    * The Comp itself
    * Prize giving & high fives all round.

That's a brief outline of the event with more details to follow soon. There is both Sport & Expert Classes. We will be classing the feature as a non attainable feature which means it will be drop in format with each person getting a minimum of 4 runs.  Score sheet to follow soon.

The cost of entry is €10 which is payable on the day. To register just click here and sign up. It would be great if folks could sign up sooner than later to allow us to plan the event better.

All levels of skill are welcome and encouraged to come alone, if you have never been to a freestyle event before come along and make this one your first!

Looking forward to seeing you all there.

Adrian

pro@irishfreestyle.com
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 23:41:35 by Adrian »

Offline Ritchie

Re: Clifden Fun Rodeo
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 12:37:47 »
Hi Adrian,

Can you just turn up to this without taking part in the other IFS events??

great way to get into freestyle.  8)

« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 12:59:58 by Ritchie »

Offline Adrian

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 00:14:47 »
Hi,

Yep you are 100% correct you can just come to this event and are under no obligation to take part in any of the other events. I know this is a competion but its a whole weekend of fun and we hope its like events of years past when its as much about the craic / party / experience as much as the paddling.

It would be great to see some new faces at these events and some far this is looking like its really going to good... Who can say no to some savage boating and a disco/rave in the middle of some sand dunes...

If folks have never been to Clifden before its far easier than Sluice and is quiet friendly with a swim not being a big deal at all.

Look forward to seeing some of you there.

Adrian

pro@irishfreestyle.com

Offline rog

• Ginger Giant
  • Who wants to do that thing we always do?
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 10:06:02 »
I thought Clifden was broken, does it not have scaffolding or something in it after bridge repair works or something like that?

Offline Adrian

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 13:25:52 »
Hey,

Rog your almost right, there were some repair works carried out on the bridge which meant there was some scaffolding around the feature, this has been removed as of last week so we are all good to go.

Rog an interesting fact you might like to know Steve Fisher once paddled Clifden.....!

It would be great to see some of the UCD crew over at the weekend showing those West of the Shannon that not all folks from the South-side are fairies  :o

And for those who have never been to Clifden its a super fun place to get into freestyle and is way way more friendly than Sluice. There will also be some demo boats available for use.

Adrian

Offline Amanda

• Light shop
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 15:58:19 »
Is anyone heading down to this?

I'll probably head back at some stage.

Offline rog

• Ginger Giant
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 17:04:12 »
I'd love to head down, but am without a driver... unless mat/ kyle fancy headin

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 18:43:43 »
I'd love to head down, but am without a driver... unless mat/ kyle fancy headin

Sorry dude, I got some photography Shiz on this weekend. Matt is heading to a gig in Slane Sat too  :(

Offline rog

• Ginger Giant
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 18:50:15 »
Ah so, no worries pal!

Offline JODY

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 20:06:53 »
I might be interested... although ask me again 2m after work, am a little tired now after the trip from France  ;)

Shall be a freestyle filled summer for me since i wrote off my Mamba on Sunday  :'(

Offline Lucy

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 12:30:47 »
I'm working in Slane on Sat. Call into the John Player stand! :D