Author Topic: New All-Star  (Read 5541 times)

Offline Matt

• Senior Treasurer 13/14
New All-Star
« on: June 29, 2009, 21:55:10 »
I just saw this today. Some of the loops in this video are absolutely huge!!

New Jackson All-Star

Offline Mark

Re: New All-Star
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 22:04:54 »
That guy could loop a lilo.

Offline rog

• Ginger Giant
  • Who wants to do that thing we always do?
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 00:45:44 »
Wow, those moves are class, they got so much air

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 22:01:06 »
Freggin' class!! (but nothing like Rodges popouts in Les Alpées, Ooof!)

Offline Simon R.

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 22:55:05 »
not sure if i like the look of it.....sort of like a fat RAD or is that just me?

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 23:06:10 »
not sure if i like the look of it.....sort of like a fat RAD or is that just me?

Are you a fat rad? Na, I'd say you're classed as 'chubby' ;)

Offline Bill C

• This can only go well
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2009, 15:57:06 »
Nah, a rad has tall sides, starting at right-angles to the underside and coming right up to where it curves in over your knees. The sides of the new allstar rise straight up only a few inches before beginning to curve in towards the top, hense the "pumpkin seed" shape. The stern of a rad is like a spade: the corners are almost right-angled towards each other and taper down to being very narrow at their ends, hense why the stern will get caught and tossed by an sort of current. Yer man in the vid however went on a great deal about how his new boat wouldn't do this.The bow of that new allstar has a single (rounded) bow where the rad has a double bow, though this is far more pronounced in my giant of a rad, so may be less the case in a super 180 or something.
However, in profile (in terms of the rocker), they do indeed look very similar, so maybe after all my ramblings, just go with what simon said.

Offline Ritchie

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2009, 21:28:40 »
i duno; its pretty radical.

Its designed specifically for small local play holes, where other boats would bottom out. How it will perform on big waves like mini-bus or the special will be interesting to see. I would wait for reviews before buying one.