Author Topic: Cold times ahead, for Rathdrum to the Meetings  (Read 11695 times)

Offline kmck

• "99"
Re: Cold times ahead, for Rathdrum to the Meetings
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2009, 16:51:45 »
If you want to leave earlier than half past ten:
1. Turn up before ten, whoever is equipment should be there from half nine anyway.
2. Get your boat and gear and put it on the trailer, no one else should be doing it for you.
3. When everyone who turned up on time has their gear on the bus, leave.
4. At the river, do the car drop first, if you have turned up early get changed and when the bus gets there do the car drop. While that is going on people should be getting changed and getting the boats off the trailer and down to the get in. By the time the bus has returned with the drivers you should be nearly ready to go. People split into groups and rescue assigned.
I know this will just be ignored but it works and is very effective at getting trips off on time.

Offline Ley-Ley

• Committee 10/11
  • Banana Officer
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2009, 23:45:38 »
trees are living creatures too leighton.

and if i do remember correctly you were hugging one on our last river trip i wicklow...

welcome to the beastialty club
Hugging is ok, I didn't molest the tree in any way!! Anyways, you have no say about trees Carla. What did you say they turn into? Hoomoose? :D

Kmck - that would be great in a perfect world but you know yourself, people are either not on time or slow.

Offline Eoghan

• Captain 11/12
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 00:25:19 »
whoever is equipment should be there from half nine anyway.

i agree  ;D

but ye if everyone got there AT  10 and helped load the trailer we'd be gone in a flash!

Offline Robyn

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 00:30:07 »
Hugging is ok, I didn't molest the tree in any way!! Anyways, you have no say about trees Carla. What did you say they turn into? Hoomoose? :D

leighton u have no say either! you know you have issues regarding trees when you yell at someone for incorrectly fashioning a spruce out of  birthday cake crumbs :-P