Boats and Gear > Boats and Gear

First-Aid kits.

(1/3) > >>

Douchier:
Well seeing as it's REC3 season again, I think it's time to bring back an old topic:

Exactly what should the savvy and well-informed modern kayaker carry with them to for when they realise that their friend is missing an arm, about to pass-out and may not finish the trip? - or make it to the party!?!

What should you keep on your person and what in your boat?

Should your bag just have purely first-aid or should you throw in a bit of survival gear (matches, rubber tube, lionel richie tapes)

Perhaps one bag with just first aid and one with extra clothes, fire lighting things, a bit of food - for when you're really in the middle of nowhere, or decided to run away again but were smart emough to take the boat this time.

so....  thoughts?

Monkey Loving Bob:
Duck Tape, because if you can't Duck it...

Douchier:
Ah yeah, I also hear that WD-40 is great for a broken leg.

Jim:

--- Quote from: Douchier on August 06, 2009, 15:02:15 ---Exactly what should the savvy and well-informed modern kayaker carry with them to for when they realise that their friend is missing an arm . . .

--- End quote ---

Clearly, you should bring a spare arm.

Jim.

Jim:
Hmmm, cheap, witty comment out of the way, I did a search on the forum because I though this was covered as a topic before, but I don't see a list of what should be in a first aid kit anywhere. I remember this turned into a long discussion before, but the problem is that we have a lot of 'be prepared' boy scouts on here. The final list turned out to be a first aid rucksack, so nobody ever paid any attention.

It would be good to get a 'real' list of an actual road-tested first aid kit from a veteran globe-trotting kayaker. I've seen some ridiculously long lists (over the top stuff like a scissors, and a shears, and a knife..., that kind of thing).

Anyone have such a realistic list?

Jim.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version