Author Topic: Saturday 26th - Dun Laoghaire round 2  (Read 7417 times)

Offline Eoghan

• Captain 11/12
Saturday 26th - Dun Laoghaire round 2
« on: September 25, 2009, 13:43:49 »
So hopefully everyone has been able to get out with the club by now - at Dun Laoghaire, Thursday Pool sessions or the info night - and enjoyed themselves. If you haven't don't worry your still more than welcome to come along.

Apologies also to those who arrived late last week and had to wait for the second session. I hope you enjoyed yourselves none the less!

We will be heading back to Dun Laoghaire again this Saturday for 11am. All you need again are: togs, towel, drink money, a smile and maybe some layers of clothes (anything made of poly-anything is good) if you feel the cold- no cotton or jeans!! All the equipment will be provided but you should bring a spare pair of old runners or booties, and if you have your own wetsuit and/or booties bring them also as they'll be nicer.

Dun Laoghaire is about getting comfortable, meeting new people and getting a bit of experience in a kayak. you certainly don't have to have ever been in a boat before, EVER! It is a very safe environment - there will be instructors and loads of people helping out on the water and land. Don't hesitate to ask them for help - it'll give them an excuse to look busy. 

For those of you that do not know how to get to Dun Laoghaire here are some easy directions.

Bus The best bus to get would be the 46A to Dun Loaghaire Dart Station. Get off the bus and walk away from Dun Laoghaire past the Dart Station towards the direction of Salthill and Monkstown. You will come to a bridge on your right, cross over it and you should see us there with a lot of kayaks and the odd canoe.

Dart If you are getting the dart, get out and turn right and walk away from the station towards Salthill and Monkstown. same story applies there.

After the "session" on the water we will probably head to the pub and from there we will hopefully have a party to head to or if not, into town!

Fair play to Rachel for hosting the inaugural Canoe Club party of the year last weekend! MY apologies for not being there  ::)

Kayaking abú ("hooray/forever" as gaeilge),

Eoghan
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 13:57:25 by Eoghan »

Offline Ley-Ley

• Committee 10/11
  • Banana Officer
Re: Saturday 26th - Dun Laoghaire round 2
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 16:30:27 »
I'm not very good at kayaking, would this be too out of my depth?

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 19:04:34 »
it's a bad sign that I saw the words 'club by' in the first line and thought it said chubby...

Offline Eoghan

• Captain 11/12
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2009, 19:16:10 »
I'm not very good at kayaking, would this be too out of my depth?

If you haven't don't worry your still more than welcome to come along.

Dun Laoghaire is about getting comfortable, meeting new people and getting a bit of experience in a kayak. you certainly don't have to have ever been in a boat before, EVER! It is a very safe environment - there will be instructors and loads of people helping out on the water and land. Don't hesitate to ask them for help - it'll give them an excuse to look busy. 

What do you think leighton?

In answer to your question: YES!!! no one will be out of their depth at Dun Laoghaire!(except matt etc!It'll probably be a little tough for them!)