Author Topic: ICU Alps Summer Course  (Read 3103 times)

Offline Nuala

ICU Alps Summer Course
« on: January 26, 2010, 20:04:28 »
For anyone who really wants to develop their paddling a bit there is a savage course being run by the ICU in the Alps this summer: the Youth Adventure Kayak Course . It's a absolutely brilliant, I did it two years ago and found it fantastic.

It's aimed at 16 to 20 year-olds and is a savage course for any freshers or second years looking to push their paddling and get the most out of their trip. It's the cheapest of the ICU courses, the money only covers running costs, and for what you pay you really get your money's worth:
                                -savage instruction from some of the best instructors in the country,
                                -accommmodation for the week
                                -transport to the rivers
                                -and even a top of the range boat so you don't need to have your own.

I really can't say just how good this course was when I did it and would recommend everyone who is thinking of heading to the Alps (and fits in the age group) to have a further look at it on the ICU Website.

There are plenty of spaces left but you would have to book a spot by 5.00pm next Monday the 1st of February to allow them to confirm details, and so flights can be booked while they are still cheap.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 20:22:50 by Nuala »

Offline Tiny Tim

• Committee 10/11
  • Ickle Dave
Re: ICU Alps Summer Course
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 20:13:10 »
too true!!! i couldnt recomend these courses highly enough! went on one a couple of years ago, really improves ur paddling alot, fast and super craic

Offline Mark

Re: ICU Alps Summer Course
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 23:22:40 »
Savage!