9 (23.1%)
They don't teach you this in school
4 (10.3%)
UCDCC The people your mother warned you about
5 (12.8%)
UCDCC will give you a stroke
5 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Hoodies slogan  (Read 13915 times)

Offline AENGUS!

Hoodies slogan
« on: February 02, 2010, 09:47:52 »
Right, hope everyones happy now, if not you casn fuck off and make your own hoodie! :P Poll will be open for a day! Really don't think we should do low but doable cos it's been done before so what's the point when there's loads of others that we could use and be original, anyway, go for it
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 10:12:51 by AENGUS! »

Offline kmck

• "99"
Re: Hoodies slogan
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 10:26:36 »
I'm never happy, I'm lonely and just want to talk with someone, will you be my friend Aengus please :'(

Offline Bill C

• This can only go well
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 21:33:07 »
I'm still vying for:

If found return to Ucd canoe club.

Offline Peegor

• I peed in my boat
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 22:06:09 »
Low but Do-Able

dont forget the -

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 10:48:53 »
It should be "High but do-able!" ;-)

Offline Asho87

• If you were celery I'd stalk you.
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 15:19:37 »
Then it loses the double entendre, AND pisses off Diarmaid!

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 21:17:28 »
Then it loses the double entendre

which also pisses me off!

hehe nah, technically there's the implication of being fucked up on drugs and vulnerable to sexual advances, which I'm alllllll about.  ;D

Offline DNKY

• I Heart Cones!
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 23:24:48 »
 :-X awh shiz have you already decided on low but doable? its not cool

Offline kjt

• My online portfolio
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 12:46:06 »
:-X awh shiz have you already decided on low but doable? its not cool
I second that, tis pretty ghey!

Offline rog

• Ginger Giant
  • Who wants to do that thing we always do?
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 15:40:16 »
What exactly is wrong with "they don't teach you this in school"?

Its original, it refers to the fact that when ur fresh out of school and ur a fresher and u join the canoe club nothing in school could have prepared you for what u meet in the canoe club.
It refers to the fact that they literally don't teach canoeing in school
and it also has the added merit of it being an awesome thing to say after a partiularly good session....

I mean low but doable is brilliant and is probably better then the one above, but its been used for years why not try something different?

If people hate the don't teach u this in school we should use the brace urself one.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 15:42:17 by rog »

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 15:47:43 »
I think you've kinda landed right on it there, rog: They don't teach you this in school is a hoodie for freshers, and really only for freshers. Even by the time people get to second year in college, what they did or did not teach you when you were in school is largely irrelevant, and by the time you get to my age you can't even remember what you did or did not learn in school. So it just strikes me as a hoodie for 18 year olds and nobody else.

It'd be like if I had a hoodie saying "they don't teach you this on Matlock"... ok fair enough, maybe they don't, but what's it to me? I'm not 70, I don't watch Matlock, so why put that on a hoodie?

likewise, I'm not in school, I'm not even just recently out of school, so what's it to me whether they teach either kayaking or UCDCC-style behaviour in school? (and that's not just because I'm 25, I reckon I could say the same thing if I were 20).

on second thought, can the slogan be "they don't teach you this on Matlock"? ooh, or "they don't teach you this on Bear Grylls: Born Survivor".  ;D

Offline rog

• Ginger Giant
  • Who wants to do that thing we always do?
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 15:58:48 »
I think you've kinda landed right on it there, rog: They don't teach you this in school is a hoodie for freshers, and really only for freshers. Even by the time people get to second year in college, what they did or did not teach you when you were in school is largely irrelevant, and by the time you get to my age you can't even remember what you did or did not learn in school. So it just strikes me as a hoodie for 18 year olds and nobody else.

It'd be like if I had a hoodie saying "they don't teach you this on Matlock"... ok fair enough, maybe they don't, but what's it to me? I'm not 70, I don't watch Matlock, so why put that on a hoodie?

likewise, I'm not in school, I'm not even just recently out of school, so what's it to me whether they teach either kayaking or UCDCC-style behaviour in school? (and that's not just because I'm 25, I reckon I could say the same thing if I were 20).

on second thought, can the slogan be "they don't teach you this on Matlock"? ooh, or "they don't teach you this on Bear Grylls: Born Survivor".  ;D

Point taken diarmuid but, could u also not argue the same point for low but doable to the non-paddlers?

Jer

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 15:58:55 »
How is "they don't teach you this in school" original?

Offline Asho87

• If you were celery I'd stalk you.
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 16:04:11 »
I just think that it's very "Ohhhh were sooo cool and WILD, you're going to so overwhelmed by our awesomeness, they never told me in school how CRAZY these people were going to be."

Same goes for Brace yourself.

I prefer the school one to that.

Low but doable hasn't been used in 5 years. Therefore not old. :P

Why change a good thing?

Anyway, there's always the option of getting 2 sets? Or is that gonna be controversial? Oooooh.....