Author Topic: easkey?  (Read 21880 times)

Offline Lambe

Re: easkey?
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 15:41:08 »
And if you haven't been there before don't go inside the castle till after dark! More fun that way.

More fun for us, not you, more concussions for you!

Offline Nuala

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 15:53:02 »
Concussion, fun - same thing really.

Offline Carla!

• Committee 10/11
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 15:53:42 »
Concussion, fun - same thing really.
your gona make a brilliant doctor!

Offline Asho87

• If you were celery I'd stalk you.
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 16:11:28 »
Easkey is the happiest place on Earth! I shall of course be there :)

Offline JODY

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 16:24:26 »
Awww wow Asho.... good selection of pics :)

Some of Easky's finest moments there :)

Offline Carla!

• Committee 10/11
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 17:48:48 »
my favourite has got to be the buccfast juggling! AMAZING :D

Offline clarec

• Committee 10/11
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 18:03:37 »
NAWH I really wanna go now!!!! :(

Offline Towelyey

• Boobs Officer
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 18:09:00 »
I LOVE EASKEY!!!!!!!!!! It's like ........ just........... oh god there isn't words its THAT FRICKING EPIC!!

Offline Diarmaid

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 19:48:43 »
Easkey is actually the best thing of the year. I'm going to say something controversial here: It may even be better than Kerry. nobody should miss it for any reason, including the alpes.

some tips:

bring a folding camping chair or something. there's a lot of sitting and nowhere to sit.
it's freezing at night but sweltering when you wake up. pack clothes that will keep you warm in a sleeping bag, but that can be pulled off in your sleep with one hand with a hangover when it's 30C in your tent at 10am.
you're not allowed go up the castle until it's dark, and then you have to be drunk and can't use any light including the glare of your phone. sorry, them's the rules.
bring a torch.
bring plenty of fleeces, hats, etc. you will be up late, outside, and it will be cold.
if you smoke, bring plenty of cigarettes, the choice of brands in the village is limited.
likewise alcohol.
go to Inniscrone at least once. it's a lovely beach.
stay away from Easkey beach. it's awful.
be prepared to get very very little paddling done. I've only once seen surf there in the June bank holiday.

Offline Towelyey

• Boobs Officer
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 20:09:18 »
Oh bring you're swimming togs a good swim in the morning will make that hangover a hell of a lot easier to handle :D

Offline Bill C

• This can only go well
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 22:05:32 »

Beach combing is fun and it's advisable to have wood gathered before you light the fire - difficult to find in the dark.

Especially if its in the middle of the river easkey in the middle of the night on the way back from the pub, NUALA!

Offline rog

• Ginger Giant
  • Who wants to do that thing we always do?
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2010, 09:58:51 »
EASKEY IS AMAZING!!! My first real introduction to the club, Haven't been able to go since my first time and not going this year either...

BUT HAVE A BALL!!!!

Sun, surf, and booze, what more could u ask for?

Offline Eoghan

• Captain 11/12
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2010, 10:38:52 »
Sun, surf, and booze, what more could u ask for?

real Sun and Alpine whitewater??  :)

it looks savage! NEXT YEAR!!!! :)

Jer

« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2010, 11:35:00 »
some tips:

bring a folding camping chair or something. there's a lot of sitting and nowhere to sit.
it's freezing at night but sweltering when you wake up. pack clothes that will keep you warm in a sleeping bag, but that can be pulled off in your sleep with one hand with a hangover when it's 30C in your tent at 10am.
you're not allowed go up the castle until it's dark, and then you have to be drunk and can't use any light including the glare of your phone. sorry, them's the rules.
bring a torch.
bring plenty of fleeces, hats, etc. you will be up late, outside, and it will be cold.
if you smoke, bring plenty of cigarettes, the choice of brands in the village is limited.
likewise alcohol.
go to Inniscrone at least once. it's a lovely beach.
stay away from Easkey beach. it's awful.
be prepared to get very very little paddling done. I've only once seen surf there in the June bank holiday.

Try to avoid pitching a tent in the middle of the night when your blind drunk and have never had to pitch it before.

Offline rowantheboat

• UCD Musical Society
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2010, 12:19:17 »
Try to avoid pitching a tent in the middle of the night when your blind drunk and have never had to pitch it before.

Sure didn't you manage grand! It stayed standing, didn't it...?